How do I break-in a brand new turbo?

Mountain GN

No, it doesn't have a V8.
I have a brand new 6152E going in the car on Tuesday, and I need some advice on break-in. This is my first brand new turbo and I don't want to screw it up. I just changed the oil last week, so at least that will be fresh. The turbo lines are about 4 years old, from when I installed my TE44, and they're in good shape, too.

Any suggestions on pre and post startup after installation?

Warm the car up, check for leaks and put it to the mat......:biggrin:

turbo

I would invest in a turbo saver if you are not running one already. My expensive turbo was saved when I grenaded my aging stock bottom end. My oil filter was filled with metal

I always say "give it oil then give it hell".

There is no break in process for a turbo, so you are good to go.

Be sure of all the wastegate stuff, hoses and such, and make the first couple blasts carefully to be sure the boost is under control.

Bob

put oil through it before putting the lines on and crank er over. boost until its goosed.

I always say "give it oil then give it hell".

There is no break in process for a turbo, so you are good to go.

Be sure of all the wastegate stuff, hoses and such, and make the first couple blasts carefully to be sure the boost is under control.

Bob

We'll be careful, definitely!

put oil through it before putting the lines on and crank er over. boost until its goosed.

I had read somewhere that it's best to not install the oil supply line until you've cranked the motor (minus spark) long enough to get oil coming out of the line. Is this what you're talking about "putting oil through it"?