How do 3.5" fronts drive on the street?

Picked up a new set of rims (welds) just wondering what I will be in for driving on the street with 165/80/r15's skinny's in the front?

They aren't bad at all... as long as you remember they are on there when you hit the corners too fast.

I left the swaybar on my car and I think it handles pretty good with the little tires on it. Of course I don't drive it hard in the corners either... For that, I'd just throw stock rims back on it.

x2 on that, i have yet to drive the TR on them but did have a supercharged mustang 450 horse that i drove 1200 miles through the mountains. felt just fine. i just put some on the buick but have yet to have it out but go for it.

I've got skinny mickey's on the front of my car with no sway bar and it's no big deal as long as you realize you're dealing with probably 1/3 the grip you had before. With any kind of tire on the back of the car it will assuredly understeer. You just have to adjust your driving style to suit is all and I street drive mine exclusively.

Ever driven a boat???:eek:

Its not that bad, but at the same times it gets old sometimes. I think I am going to pick something else up just to cruise on sometimes and leave the big and skinnies for the track or the occassional trip to Mexico!:wink:

Thanks guys

Looking at them with the tires on it looks scary but it may not be as bad as it looks. I think I will put the front sway bar back on though.

If you put the front bar back on it will feel and drive a zillion times better. :cool:

Picked up a new set of rims (welds) just wondering what I will be in for driving on the street with 165/80/r15's skinny's in the front?

Hi, I went to tirerack.com and it didn't come up with anything in that size. Are these the VW beetle tires? If so, I'd be leary of the load and speed rating.

I ended up putting on a set of 205-70-15 on 3.5's ....abit of a bulge but i plan on driving in the city alot...abit more tread contact to the street.

I didn't like trying to stop with them on. Seemed like any time I tried to stop quick at a yellow light or something, the fronts would lock up WAY to easy.