How did you buy your Grand National?

Cash money. Met the guy at the bank, pulled the cash out of the account, did the paperwork right there at the bank, and he proceeded to go strait to a dodge dealership and buy a minivan! :tongue:

As for mods, I work many hours, I don't spend my money on stupid stuff and it doesn't take much to get these things to a point where they're a little scarey on the street.

I sold my beloved 96 Impy for it.. PC and networking on the side and the occasional pension loan for mods..heheh

I got a personal loan from a credit union. I only paid 4k for the car but the payment was like $100 for 4 years. Had it paid off in 6 mos. I went with the personal loan so I didn't have to pay full coverage ins. Didn't have the cash to buy the car at that moment but I knew it would be gone if I didn't buy it right away.

paid 2,000 cash for mine back in 97'.10 years later and she is still getting mods. the last 5 years worth of mods have be supported by the USAF.

My story

Sold a great 2000 F-150 Lariat with only 45,000 miles last year. I sold the truck to purchase my GN, my wife and friends laughed and called me an idiot. I talk about selling it from time to time and they say im stupid for wanting to sell. I wish they would make up their mind.:biggrin:

Well, made my own. Sorta.

My grandpa passed away and left me his 87 Regal he ordered new himself, with only 48k on it. I drove it as my first car for about 4 years.
My grandma passed away, and left some money behind to my parents. I got my mom to loan me enough to do a complete 87 GN drivetrain swap in when the original 307 kicked the bucket. I worked part time, but my "part time" was a mostly steady 39 hours a week, plus some OT. I also had a bar band on the side, playing gigs on the weekends. The mods...well, they came as they were needed. Pretty much added into the loan amount I owed. The original turbo was the first thing to kick the bucket, so in went a TA 49. The rest of the mods were pretty much tax return money.
Now if only I could win the lotto to fix the poor car up and get her back on the road again. :(

Personal load from credit union. Modifications = have a good Government job, and live a modest life.

ten years ago
Loan from Dad to buy.
Loan from Dad to fix.
Loan from Dad to Mod.
i was lucky he let me say it was my car. LOL
Gotta love Dads.

Now
Latest car
Loan From Dad
and a million work hours a week for every thing else.

Working right now. Saving it all and throwing it in the bank.

Going to pay cash for mine.

Dropped a downpayment and financed the rest. Bought my WH-1 for $6400. Ten months later it was totaled. :frown:

A friend of mine picked it up at auction. He saved it for me for a year while I saved up the money to buy it. All $2500 of it. Only mods are the ones it had when I bought it. Right now it is in the garage it needs a head gasket and timing chain....but going to school 3/4 of the time and working full time. It may sit there till next year.:(

$1400 cash for my 84 with a blown engine, poor shape car inside and out.

Way too much cash to restore. Done by myself.

More cash when my econo roller went south.

And my last bit of cash for that damn speeding ticket.

Sold my 66 Chevelle two weeks prior to me finding my 87 GN. Paid cash. Was a little scary going into the neighborhood in Queens NY with 17 big ones but brought 3 friends along with me.:D

Financed my new 86 with GMAC ......... OUCH. I was young and dumb.
Paid cash for my daily driver.

Bought my GN new in march of 88, dealer still had 2 left. I took the one with T tops. Traded in 85 s-10 blazer that ex-wife left me with. Dealer wouldn't budge off the sticker price of 18,700 but I WANTED that car. GMAC got my money and I never regretted it a second the whole time I've owned the car. A lot of :mad: swearing :mad: when installing some of the mods though. I still have a couple more things I want to do, don't we all. :biggrin:
Tarey D.