how can i make more boost????

Valley racer

i can only run 12psi. on 91 pump gas anything more and the knock sensor will go crazy 5-8.5 on the scanmaster.
i have a t-60,40# injectors,adj reg,340 pump hot wired.
how can i make more boost without race gas?

12#??

That doesn't sound right.

You should be able to run more than that without Alcohol.

What else can you tell us about your car?

Need input! (Quote from: Number Five)

i am runnng a pte 91 oct. chip,3"dp,hooker headers,scanmaster and all the above.
what else do you need to know about the car?

Is it in good shape?

Has it been tuned-up and had all the spring cleaning tips from
http://gnttype.org/ done lately?

A stock engine with no fuel system modifications should allow you 15# of boost with 91 octane.

I am hoping someone else will jump in here now and help you out.

If you want alky, it sounds like "The Doughboy" can hook you up. I just wanted you to make sure there's not a problem before you crutch it.

No work in Michigan or too many mosquitos?

If they were anything like Maine, I would have to move. I was there for a week in June and wow! (I know Maine is nowhere near Mich., just similar North-South position on map.)

No work AND too many mosquitos in Michigan.
I still wanna get back though.

I have the same problem, except my boost limit is around 14-15# on good Michigan 93 octane gas ;) and I'm running Alky. I get stupid high numbers of KR sometimes. Sometimes it's fine at 21# though. :confused: My guess for me is false knock, and I'll look into it more in a few months. Have you tried to eliminate false knock yet?

Jebadias,

Darn, what time is it over there? How far ahead of EST are you?

Hope you are safe and have a speedy 3 months.

Thanks for your service!

Low Budgit,

It's 8:57 am here in sunny Spain. I'm 6 hours ahead of you... umm... that means you were up late :)

Thanks and have a good night.

I'm from northern MI. Not enough mosquitos to make it worse than california. Not a big fan of the southwest. People generaly can't drive out here. Can't move though, I'm in the Navy and they said NO! :( Just gotta make the best of it I suppose. Need to look into alky.:D

Hey, one of our members, Steve Monroe, has a site that gives easy, complete, instructions on "how to" make up and install an alchohol injection system. I put mine together about three years ago. While you have to get parts from different vendors, it takes no more time to install than anything else. Cost me about $150 then and I think I can duplicate it today for $175. Spend more if you want. Here's Steve Monroe's website....

http://home.att.net/~stevemon/AlcoholInjMod.html

I have more than 60,000 miles on my car since I installed the diy kit, and can truthfully say, it has never failed to come on. I have no knock in high gear at 24 psi running a TE44 turbo. I never had any problem tuning it. Just figure your turn-on point, usually between 10 and 15#s of boost, set it and forget it. There is no pump speed to set. Pump is preset to 60 psi and I use a .032 jet and a one gallon reservoir. End of story! When people talk about alky being hard to tune, I really don't know what they're talking about.

Also, I've never used any type of lube in my reservoir. If it makes you feel better to use it, then use it. Maybe it's necessary if you only use your car as a weekend warrior. I use mine, all the time. Thanks again to Steve Monroe for making this alcohol kit recipe available for all Turbo Regal owners.

Thanks Red Regal T. I'll definately do a DIY install. It makes me sick (and broke) to pay all that extra money for a kit. I've just been trying to decide whether I want one stage or two stage. Thanks for the link. :)

If I might suggest.........go single. Get it on the car and functioning, and then determine if you want or need a second stage. I've been running single stage for over three years and really don't feel I need one. Check my signature.......;)