How Can I Know If The Ecm Is Bad????

cturboaddict

Is there a way to test the ecm to see if is bad? ive got a running rich problem- puffing black smoke under boost and burning alot of gas and stinks:mad:, and all of my performance is gone and i cant get up to 12psi boost when just a few weeks ago i could get ot 12 easily. it is now a dog???:confused: - And i was talking to a guy and he said that my ecm could be bad. Is there a way to tell this for sure. I am waiting on a scan tool to get here on thursday or friday. oh yeah it is an 85 regal t-type motor. any help is much appreciated. :mad:

From what I understand the chances of the ECM being bad are pretty poor.

Whats your fuel pressure at? Im sure someone will chip in with good information

I've killed two ECM's and the 1st the SES would flash very fast but it wouldn't fire, and the 2nd would let the car run for a sec or two then die like it was running out of fuel.

I don't think the ECM going bad would let it run enough to get out of the driveway let alone into any boost, but stranger things can happen just ask BFH, his car has broke in ways it shouldn't be able to.

Sounds like something else...........a scan tool and people with more knowledge than me will help a lot.

Good luck.

My ECM that I got for my swap was bad and it would throw about 5 codes after I would be driving and they would also disapeare will I was driving in another mile or not disapeare. Couldnt even get past 1/4 throttle with out it dieing or backfiring.