How can I fix gas line leak?

turb

Got a pinhole leak in my gas line about an inch in front of the fuel filter. Can't find a gas line piece to splice in because the line needs an O ring to fit the filter end and all the lines in stores I've seen are for flare fittings. Anyone have a good solution other than going to the boneyard to look for something that will work?

Thanks

First, find out what caused the pinhole (make sure it's an isolated incident and not a rotten line). If so, you can buy a compression union in the proper size, cut out a small piece (~ 3/4") where the leak is, and install the union in it's place.

Originally posted by turb
Got a pinhole leak in my gas line about an inch in front of the fuel filter. Can't find a gas line piece to splice in because the line needs an O ring to fit the filter end and all the lines in stores I've seen are for flare fittings. Anyone have a good solution other than going to the boneyard to look for something that will work?

Carquest carries a repair kit, that works. It's got the O-Ring and about a foot of tubing.

Couple compression fittings, and/or AN line and have at it.

If you are feeling sassy you can get the lines in SS ($99.00) from inlinetube.com or OEM steel ($65.00) for both pieces.

Unless you are not into "yank the tank"

Thanks for the ideas.

I ended up going to a local guy who does "Hoses" for a living. He made up a section to fit the filter and bent the line to match mine including barbs for the hose. I connected it with a piece of high pressure hose and double clamps, $25. Probably would have been cheaper to go to Carquest but it's a long drive for me.

Turb