How bad did I do?

Antagon

Hey everyone, first post here, so go easy on me ;)

Long story short, minivan + GN = smashed front end.

I had zero luck locating a parts car within driving distance from here, so I turned to the web.

I came upon JaysGN, he had the entire front clip from a Turbo Regal, in black, for 1200.

Pretty much it was my only option, the car can't sit in it's condition forever waiting for me to find parts.

So, as the title puts it, how bad did I do?

Small dents and dings is all really, but we both had insurance, I just had liability since they had to inspect the car and whatnot later that week...

$1200 seems a little pricey to me, since any Regal (limited, T, GN) front clip would have the same parts, with the exception of the hood and grill. I baught a whole 87 Regal Limited about this time last year, with a bad engine but a really good (no rust) body for $250.

Where are you located? Brian at GBODYPARTS.com can help you. He is located in lower Pa near the Md line.

I'm down here in So Cal.

Like I said, it's the only black front end I could find at the time, and I can't have my car just sitting there forever, she needs to be driven! ;)

Not sure how you managed an entire car for 250, you'd be lucky to find a completely rusted over car on cinderblocks for twice that here.

parts are harder to find out here in the west. thats not too bad of a price if it has everything and is in very nice shape.

Theres a guy tommy69z that has a whole black front clip for $500 that needs bumper filler...

broke1, arrrgh, where was he a few weeks ago :eek:

LV GN, it seems that way doesnt it? Jay said it was in pretty good condition, comes with everything, even a new condenser.

Jay's part may be alittle expensive, but i deal with him alot and i buy all my parts from him. you get what you pay for and Jay will not bs you he is a strait up guy. He also ships quick. Harry

Its not uncommon for a clean header panel to go for $450 plus so I don't think you did too bad, especially if its already black.