How about a heads up display

Pronto

Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.
It would be really cool to have a heads up display for the Scan Master or gauges like boost and oil pressure. If I'm not mistaken the heads up needs a special coating on the windshield. Anyway that was thought for the day.

My '01 Pontiac Aztek has HUD, I love it
Its a projector mounted in the speaker/dash panel
displays speed, turn signals, radio station, &all that crap
& reflects onto the coated W/S
Not sure what they use as a film
but a replacement HUD windshield is impossible to locate
Since GM made 'em a clever guy could maybe work out a retrofit...
Would definitely be SWEET!

Do_O

I have an app on my phone for speed, distance, direction. Stuff like that don't use it though but it is cool

They already sell them for everything. It uses a clear sticker on the windshield for a reflection. They don't work to great if they are not factory from what I've seen

I've kicked the idea around for building one for years. I just couldn't imagine I'd care after the new and shiny wore off so it keeps getting shelved.

If one could get power logger info to display on the windshield that would be awesome. It seems the next logical step.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

You could do it fairly easily. Get an old iPhone or touch, jailbreak it to show whatever you want... i.e.. dynolicious, mount it on the dash with the reflective sticker.. viola

The last thing you would need in these old cars is the ghost of Steve Jobs.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I got an app so I could check my speedometer. It has a feature that make the numbers reverse so you can put it on the dash and it will reflect the numbers on the windshield.