Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Wish I was in Houston!

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Fellow BUICK® Enthusiast,

We are gearing up for an exciting year and have taken your interest and requests into account.
The activities for the year have been grouped into:
• Cruises
• Car Shows
• Track Events
• Miscellaneous (Picnics, indoor meets, etc.)

As a result of the planned activities, the following communication is needed.

Cruises
Some of you have indicated an interest in cruises, and we have taking your request seriously.
JD Brooks has accepted the responsibilities of "Cruise Events Coordinator".
JD is truly a BUICK enthusiast and has extensive knowledge and experience with Buicks and other vehicles.

In this new assignment, JD will have complete oversight over the Houston Buick Club sponsored Cruise events.
The dates, times and meeting places will be established by JD and all members who are current on their annual dues are encouraged to attend the cruises.
The listed dates and times listed on the calendar (See link below) are unconfirmed at this time.

The Club and it's leadership will assist JD Brooks where needed.
Note: The Houston Buick Club accepts no liability for any and all cruising “above the legal speed limit”, or during any and all “public display of Buick Power”.

Track Events (Test And Tune)
Many of you have also show interest in “Test And Tune” track events.
The club is focusing on “Cooler nights and months” and Paul Vega has accepted the responsibilities of "Test And Tune Events Coordinator".
Paul is a Trustee and a BUICK enthusiast at heart!

In this new assignment, Paul will have complete oversight over the Houston Buick Club sponsored “Test and Tune” events.
The listed dates and times listed on the calendar (See link below) are unconfirmed at this time and all members who are current on their annual dues are invited to attend.
The Club and it's leadership will assist Paul where needed.

Car Shows
The club and its members have always been proud to display their cars at many events around the Houston Area.
Robert Mahnke, Director Emeritus, has graciously agreed to assist with the Car Shows.
As many of you know, Robert has been around Buicks for a while and his passion for BUICKs is second to none!

Robert will have complete oversight over the Houston Buick Club sponsored “Car Show” events.
The listed dates and times listed on the calendar (See link below) are unconfirmed at this time and all members who are current on their annual dues are invited to attend.
The Club and it's leadership will assist Robert where needed.

Please extend your appreciation for assisting with these events to JD Brooks, Paul Vega, and Robert Mahnke and be sure to view the online calendar to make the events a success!

Events listing
After selecting the link below, you may select the “Event lists” tab at the top of the calendar to see a current listing of all the events.
Yahoo! Calendar - houstonbuickclub

For your convenience, a list of the events (by date) is attached;
7/30/2010 7:00 pm Houston Motor Park 1/8 mile
8/7/2010 9:00 am Breakfast - Otto’s BBO - Stafford
8/14/2010 5:00 pm Car show - Location Otto's BBQ - Stafford
8/21/2010 10:00 am Track 21 - Indoor Go-kart Racing
8/24/2010 6:30 pm Officer meeting - Location Otto's BBQ
8/27/2010 7:00 pm Houston Motor Park 1/8 mile
9/11/2010 5:00 pm Car Show - Location TBD
9/18/2010 6:00 pm Cruise - Time/Location TBD Travel
9/21/2010 7:00 pm Officer Meeting - Location TBD
9/24/2010 12:00 pm Houston Motor Park 1/8 mile
10/1/2010 12:00 pm Autorama Roll Call
10/9/2010 5:00 pm Car Show - Location TBD
10/16/2010 6:00 pm Cruise - Time/Location TBD
10/19/2010 6:00 pm Officer Meeting - Location TBD
10/23/2010 4:00 pm Car Show - Mighty Burger
10/29/2010 7:00 pm Houston Motor Park 1/8 mile
11/13/2010 6:00 pm Cruise - Time/Location TBD
11/16/2010 7:00 pm Officer Meeting - Location TBD
11/24/2010 10:00 am AutoRama - Houston
11/25/2010 10:00 am AutoRama - Houston
11/26/2010 10:00 am AutoRama - Houston
11/27/2010 10:00 am AutoRama - Houston
12/4/2010 5:00 pm Car Show - Location TBD
12/10/2010 7:00 pm Houston Motor Park 1/8 mile
12/14/2010 7:00 pm Officer Meeting - Otto’s BBQ - Stafford
12/18/2010 6:00 pm Cruise - Time/Location TBD
1/8/2011 8:00 am Lucky Run
1/15/2011 5:00 pm Car Show - Location TBD
1/28/2011 7:00 pm Houston Motor Park 1/8 mile
2/5/2011 6:00 pm Cruise - Time/Location TBD
2/6/2011 1:00 pm Baytown Track T&T - 1/4 mile
2/19/2011 11:00 am Annual Chili Cook-Off - Location TBD
2/25/2011 7:00 pm Houston Motor Park 1/8 mile
3/5/2011 9:00 am Breakfast - Otto's BBQ - Stafford
3/6/2011 12:00 pm Baytown T&T - 1/4 Mile
3/12/2011 7:00 am Belleville Car Show
3/19/2011 6:00 pm Cruise - Time/Location TBD
3/25/2011 7:00 pm Houston Motor Park 1/8 mile
4/2/2011 5:00 pm Cruise - Time/Location TBD
4/3/2011 10:00 am Annual Picnic
4/16/2011 5:00 pm Car Show - Location TBD
4/22/2011 7:00 pm Houston Motor Park 1/8 mile
5/7/2011 9:00 am Breakfast - - Location TBD
5/8/2011 11:00 am Mother’s Day Cookout - TBD Pending interest
5/14/2011 10:00 am Budweiser Car Show
5/21/2011 4:30 pm Car Show - Otto's BBQ - Stafford
5/27/2011 7:00 pm Houston Motor Park 1/8 mile

Jerryl Nai
HBC Director 2010

I knew you were the perfect person for the job Jerryl. i just might have to come down and join you guys for some fun now.

Just my opinion (and I'm not a current member so take it for what's it worth I guess) but I think the repetition of this statement:

"all members who are current on their annual dues are encouraged to attend the cruises"

may be pretty off-putting to potential new members who want to check out an event before joining. Kinda gives the impression that new members aren't welcome...

Just my opinion (and I'm not a current member so take it for what's it worth I guess) but I think the repetition of this statement:

"all members who are current on their annual dues are encouraged to attend the cruises"

may be pretty off-putting to potential new members who want to check out an event before joining. Kinda gives the impression that new members aren't welcome...

Well Doug for once I agree with you lol, :wink: I was kinda thinking the same thing :biggrin:
But definally like the schdule good job Jerryl

Facebook

I had forgotten that we have a club on Facebook. Just search Houston Buick Club and join. Let's get the word out.

I knew you were the perfect person for the job Jerryl. i just might have to come down and join you guys for some fun now.
Thanks Carlie . . . . But . . . . . It’s only a “job” if you get paid. :tongue:

Well Doug for once I agree with you lol, :wink: I was kinda thinking the same thing :biggrin:

Guys, the language may have been a bit strong, and you have a valid point; We do not want to discourage people from coming out to the events. :redface:

After LOTS of thinking ................ For the HBC events where benefits are provided (Such as Food, beverage, prizes, discounts, etc), you will need to be current on the club dues to be eligible for the benefits at that event. (Fair enough?)

Note; Where food and beverages are provided, I am going to approve an acceptation on the dues, for ANYONE who attends, and travels more than 2 hours (Lets not start splitting hairs on this ok?) to come to such event. (Disco, Charlie, you guys reading this? :cool:)

We currently have about 39% paid membership and it would be entirely unfair to those who are current with their dues to carry the load, for events where benefits are provided.
(Similar to the proposed Obama health care plan, benefits for non-taxed illegal aliens, etc. . . . . . See, I knew you would understand ;))

We are trying some new things and if the participation is scarce, we may need to regroup, rethink, and redistribute efforts for events.
Always fun trying new things and there is more to come!

Now that limitations for attendance to the events have been lifted ............ Let’s see how many of you will be at the upcoming track meet tomorrow, July 30th. :eek:

I don't mind chipping in at all if I come down for a visit Jerryl. I would be a guest and would rather pay a small fee for food or something like that since I can't join in all the time. Call it a "visitor fee" so no one will get pissed and it would be easier this way. Whatcha think?

Out of towners should be free, if there willing to drive +2 hours to do something with the HBC just my opinion

okbuicks has free car entry at Buick vs Ford for out of state entrys to encourage people to come.

Out of towners should be free, if there willing to drive +2 hours to do something with the HBC just my opinion

okbuicks has free car entry at Buick vs Ford for out of state entrys to encourage people to come.

Speaking of.....I think Oct 16th cruise should be cancelled and it should be mandatory that everyone comes to Noble. Free entry and we will need all the help we can get. :biggrin:

Speaking of.....I think Oct 16th cruise should be cancelled and it should be mandatory that everyone comes to Noble. Free entry and we will need all the help we can get. :biggrin:

I will make the change to the calendar: Cuise to Noble. :cool:

Can I bring my own Kart Jerryl? It only has a 600 cc motor so it's kinda slow.:redface: Only reaches 70 MPH now that I tuned it down some.:eek::biggrin:

Houston Buick Club roll call

Two items on the next meeting agenda are;

Noble - Club members cruising to Noble. :cool:
Houston Autorama - Club pays Autorama registration fees, and you also get free entrace to the event!! (Let us know if you want to show your car as time/spaces are short!)

HoustonBuickClub@yahoo.com