Hot Wire?

blckgnx

Older Member
OK, I hear everyone talking about "Hot Wiring" the fuel pump. Is there a thread showing the circuit? I can't seem to find a place this is available. Thanks, Ron

Hot wire kit can be purchased from most vendors listed here-click on home page of this site-its a wiring kit that runs from your pump connections at rear tank area,along driverside frame rail and up to back side of alternator.These kits allow your pump to see a higher voltage due to the factorys less than stellar setup.More voltage,more pressure pump can use for output.Racetronics has a new kit thats very nice.

What does everyone do to their cars that they see it fit to buy these pumps that support 600HP?

Changing the fuel pump on a stocker is a necessity.
The originals barely supported the stock HP.

It is a job you only want to do once as it's not much fun.

Since most aftermarket pumps are about the same price the TurboBuick vendors sell the biggest drop in cost effective unit in a kit for about $100-$120 or so.

It does support the 550-600HP, motor.

It allows you plenty of room to grow with one pump install, and there are people with heads and cams. cars that actually need 2 of them flowing over 10psi. boost.

These cars can make a lot of HP and need the fuel, but you only need to change the pump once for many bolt on combos. :)

And the units they sell are proven pumps over time, another bonus.

Sourcing something from Summit or Jegs isn't very easy nor a drop in.

The kits from the Turbo Buick vendors are a no-brainer. :cool:

If you are good electrically you can make your own hot wire kit, if not the price they charge for a plug and play unit is also reasonable. :)

So for a nearly stock car, what fuel rail pressure do you want? I tested mine, it came out at 29-30psi idle and successfully jumped to 40 with the vacuum line removed off the FPR. Everyone keeps telling me to get a better pump and I don't see why.

Fuel pressure is set by your chip manufacturer/burner. What are you using and with what injectors?

I wouldn't be using the stock chip in a car these days even with stock injectors, too much timing.

Pressure hose off for most chips is 43-45 psi.

Requires an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

More importantly would be what the fuel pressure is at an accurate boost reading from an aftermarket gauge at WOT in 3rd gear.

If you have an adjustable wastegate stock chip, old stock injectors and stock fuel system I wouldn't try anything over 13psi. in 3rd gear with todays gas.

Racetronix said:
Equivalent no. Please review our detailed ad and draw your own conclusions. Racetronix kits are considered by most to be the best assembled, designed and complete of all the kits out there.

http://www.racetronix.com/RX-G7-FPKG.html

http://www.racetronix.com/RX-G7-FPWHG.html

Full throttle claims they have an iso 9001 registered person making thier kits. Doesnt that mean it would be a quality product? What exactly are the differences. Sorry but full throttle doesnt have a neat write up like you, so I am basicly relying on you if you have seen one. If not its cool.

Thanks

Turbo6Chicago said:
So for a nearly stock car, what fuel rail pressure do you want? I tested mine, it came out at 29-30psi idle and successfully jumped to 40 with the vacuum line removed off the FPR. Everyone keeps telling me to get a better pump and I don't see why.
more volume than stock at higher boost levels

85HOT-T said:
Full throttle claims they have an iso 9001 registered person making thier kits. Doesnt that mean it would be a quality product? What exactly are the differences. Sorry but full throttle doesnt have a neat write up like you, so I am basicly relying on you if you have seen one. If not its cool.

Thanks

That is not what ISO is really about. It more about tracking and accountability than any specific level of quality or features. You can have an inferior product made at an ISO facility to meet a specific price point. Inferior does not necessarily imply poor quality. It can be a stripped down version of another product to be sold at a cheaper price and/or to enhance margins. Being made in an ISO facility does not necessarily mean that the product was built under the guidelines of the program either. ISO is a great marketing tool in this case :wink:

http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38272

Racetronix said:
That is not what ISO is really about. It more about tracking and accountability than any specific level of quality or features. You can have an inferior product made at an ISO facility to meet a specific price point. Inferior does not necessarily imply poor quality. It can be a stripped down version of another product to be sold at a cheaper price and/or to enhance margins. Being made in an ISO facility does not necessarily mean that the product was built under the guidelines of the program either. ISO is a great marketing tool in this case :wink:

http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38272

Interesting. Thanks for the lesson. ;)

hot wire

Let me see ,"You get what you pay for" My Racetronix "Hot wire, new Walbro pump" was ordered last Friday. Ron