Hot Street at MWBC with a twist?????

Kip

Ok have had a number of people say they would race THS at the MWBC over the years but this or that does not fit the rules. This might just be your chance, thinking about making this a THS Outlaw race. So if (and only if) you are willing to show up and race THS Outlaw post up what does not fit on your car from the current THS rules. Please use common sense, a normal TSO style build has no chance of getting in.

Now if you are bringing a 100% legal THS car and you have an opinion on this please post up also.

Just looking to have some fun for the fans and racers, no firefights needed.

Take care, Kip

I think this could be great!

I would keep rules very simple:

Buick regal or tta
If it ain't mentioned below, its legal:
1 x 67 or smaller turbo. If you have a 4x3, you will have to get "plugged" during peer tech.
Normal weights, 3500 iron head, 3650 aluminum.
No ac, no problem....but you must weigh 3650 no matter what heads.
10.5 slick or 325 radial max.
Must be a buick v6

Everything else goes! Stage 1, 2 or whatever!!

Excellent, Im in. I dont have a/c and i run a th350 trans. Not sure if legal but i do run a fiberglass front bumper. I will have to weigh the car at my local grain tower to see how much weight i would need to add. If you let me run i will be there if not i will test n tune on saturday instead.:p

According to the rules, fiberglass bumpers are allowed. Fiberglass hoods and trunk lids are not.

Excellent, Im in. I dont have a/c and i run a th350 trans. Not sure if legal but i do run a fiberglass front bumper. I will have to weigh the car at my local grain tower to see how much weight i would need to add. If you let me run i will be there if not i will test n tune on saturday instead.:p
Don't worry about wieght until you get there. If you are under you can add. If you are over it don't matter.

I think this is a great concept in order to bring up the car count and give the opportunity to a number of guys who might not quite fit into the rules to get a taste of heads up class racing. It will be more enjoyable for the racers and specators alike with more cars in the field.

If allowed in, I plan on bringing my street car GN, which fits the THS rules with these exeptions:
No A/c (But 3650lbs)
TH400 trans
67mm turbo but has 4" inlet (I've got no problem poppin the pipe off to prove)

I think this is a great concept in order to bring up the car count and give the opportunity to a number of guys who might not quite fit into the rules to get a taste of heads up class racing. It will be more enjoyable for the racers and specators alike with more cars in the field.

If allowed in, I plan on bringing my street car GN, which fits the THS rules with these exeptions:
No A/c (But 3650lbs)
TH400 trans
67mm turbo but has 4" inlet (I've got no problem poppin the pipe off to prove)

I would have no issues with that setup if at 3650 lbs. I am hoping to be up there especially if we can get a decent field of 8 cars or more.

If this goes thru post it in the Midwest section so the folks going to the mwbc can see it early and plan there weekend..Thanks

I did just post in midwest section a link to this thread so hopefully we see some more interest from the local guys-

If count would be very low and this helps and is a one timedeal I'm ok with it as I prob can't go. Its no fun when no one goes I agree.
At BG/GSCA I would have a big prblem with it as car count would be fine there.
If you plan to change it wish it had been done get go before I have to sell the 4 x 3 and get asecond, wait third 109 block now not including my stocker. Whole damn garage is back up parts now.
Also I Have had the tranny out a few times.
Wanted a diff trans and TA block from the get go and would prevent all that.
Its its outlaw though and recrd set etc would be for fun only IMO.
I do think allowing a 270 or 290 cid with a turbo 400 and all the weight in the rear makes a huge difference, even if you make the 67mm rule apply but if just for fun who cares. Thts my thoughtsanyways.
If I can get off work I will go but as of right now I have to work.

I am out. Went to the track last night and the blow by is getting worse. It was blowing the breathers out of the valve covers lol

Clay, this is a one race deal. Kip said that in the first post. Bg will be normal rules.

Kevin B. you can still come. This time next week we will be having a cold one. Stir up some more competitors.
DDay

Doesn't look like I will be making it out on saturday.... Have business to attend to. Sorry guys.

I think this would work for the Midwest Challenge next year to get more cars to show up and take part. Next year hope to have both cars at the Midwest challenge and we will both run THS