Hot Rod Power Tour

GN One Day...

Anyone here doing this? I see that it's going right through here (Jackson, MS), on June 1 and then on down to New Orleans. Think I need to check this out, thought I remembered some around here doing it before.

I guess that would help, wouldn't it? :D

General Info
Stops and accomodations

Stop #1 Nashville, TN
Friday, May 30
Gaylord Opryland Resort
2802 Opryland Drive
Nashville, TN 37214

Stop #2 Memphis, TN
Saturday, May 31
Desoto Civic Center
Southhaven, MS 38671

Stop #3 Jackson, MS
Sunday, June 1
The Fairgrounds and Coliseum
1207 Mississippi Street
Jackson, MS 39202

Stop #4 New Orleans, LA
Monday, June 2
Fairgrounds Racecourse
1751 Gentilly Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70119

Stop #5 Lake Charles, LA
Tuesday, June 3
Lake Charles Civic Center
900 Lakeshore Drive
Lake Charles, LA 70602

Stop #6 Shreveport, LA
Wednesday, June 4
Red River Raceway
13500 Gilliam Scott Slew Rd
Gilliam, LA 71029

Stop #7 Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Thursday, June 5 and Friday, June 6
The Ball Park at Arlington
1000 Ball Park Way
Arlington, TX 76011

Hey Bill, I know a couple that are going. At least they were last time I talked to them, and yeah its TR people:) Sadly I will be otherwise detained.

I'm taking the GN to Nashville for the kickoff and then driving it back to the Memphis stop which is home. From there I'm going down to Jackson & New Orleans but will be traveling with the Comp Cams/TCI clan 'on business'. Tough job, but someone's got to do it. :p

i wish it would start from new england again,,,i made the long haul in 99 and i gotta say it was the most fun ive ever had with any type of car event....it was crazy, so many nice cars,,,, meeting so many people that you are always reading about in the magazines.,,,,if you have the chance definetly GO!!!....i even got invited to a photo shoot for hot rod in wash DC......dam....now i wanna go again!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

I've been in my Mustang for the last two years. I even drove up to Lincoln, Neb for the start last year. It's gotta be the #1 car event I've ever participated. This year will be a last minute decision for me.

A good website for those interested in powertour information from experienced tour veterans try this site:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hotrodpowertourclub/

James

Tuscaloosa is about 3 hour drive to Jackson. I will have the Grand Camino out for most of the tour starting at Nashville.
Bubba