Hot Rod Power Tour...This guy was never happier to see some Buicks!

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
On the leg from Miami to Stillwater, there were 8 of us Buicks cruising together and saw a nice road side park beside the river to pull off at for some photos, I was in the back and everyone pulled up to the parking area...I saw a gravel road going down to the river bed..so since I'm always drawn to water I headed down it to check it out. Got to the river bed and there is a brand new Camaro buried up to its axles in the soft gravel!!
There was a bus down there dropping off rafts and tubers so there was a packed area to stay on, he just got too close to the water.
I got out, the guy was furious they got stuck, told him to hang on, we'd get him out, let me go get the rest of the Buick gang that's up the hill.....
In no time he was out! He will remember this the next time he sees a Turbo Buick!
Camaro-river.jpg

Here's where he should have stayed :)
DSCN3199.jpg

Group pic after the rescue!
DSCN3209.jpg

Couple of other pics of the tour
DSCN3157.jpg

DSCN3177.jpg

DSCN3187.jpg

And of course....big Dave's 6:23AM wakeup call burnout remains in the hotel parking lot :)
DSCN3163.jpg

Great for you guys to help out. I guess his 4500lbs curb weight was too much for the soft ground.

Another fine example of "Going Fast with Class!"

Great to see multiple Buicks. I need to get mine together, as I would love to participate.

What the hell was he doing that close to the water?
For the unsuspecting person not familiar with lakes and river bottoms it looked like a gravel road, you can see a difference in the gravel my car is sitting on and the gravel the Camaro is stuck in, you can tell what I'm on is pretty solid.

Thats great to see everybody chip in to help a guy out. The pics posted are classic, all the Buicks together, Ahhh thats a beautiful sight first thing in the morning.

For the unsuspecting person not familiar with lakes and river bottoms it looked like a gravel road, you can see a difference in the gravel my car is sitting on and the gravel the Camaro is stuck in, you can tell what I'm on is pretty solid.

Probably lucky he sank in where he did then!

Love the group shot on the road with the Buicks. I see you picked up an older GS one too in your mini caravan. Looks like big fun! The water/ bank shot with the GN is so nice.....

Love the group shot on the road with the Buicks. I see you picked up an older GS one too in your mini caravan. Looks like big fun! The water/ bank shot with the GN is so nice.....
The fellow with the GS is a local Buick club member, he has a GN also but wanted to keep the miles off of it.
Here's another pic of my GN in the river bed I like. Thanks for the comments.
DSCN3200.jpg

Well we did get into a drag race or 2, didn't know this guy had me on candid camera..but hey he gets his butt kicked. Didn't think he would actually drag race through town, and he was in a GS..he jumped me at the light since I didn't think he really had the balls to race, got 2-3 cars up and then.... Anyway, he sent this link to our local club figuring we were from there with TX plates I guess.. We're toward the end of the vid if you don't want to watch the entire thing.

You guys should of helped that guy out and pushed that car in the other direction. I don't really care much for the 5th gen camaro

Nice job helping out a fellow hot rodder and that riverbank does make for a nice photo shot. Dave was telling me about the wake up call; someone should post that video up!

2QUIK6 said:
Well we did get into a drag race or 2, didn't know this guy had me on candid camera..but hey he gets his butt kicked. Didn't think he would actually drag race through town, and he was in a GS..he jumped me at the light since I didn't think he really had the balls to race, got 2-3 cars up and then.... Anyway, he sent this link to our local club figuring we were from there with TX plates I guess.. We're toward the end of the vid if you don't want to watch the entire thing.
YouTube Video

Must be a GS350 or maybe a chivy motor. Not very quick.

HrptMileage00000.jpg
You liked that wake up call? :D I have a ton of pics, I just haven't had time to download. Been swamped at work since I returned.
That first pic getting the Camaro unstuck that is me up in the right front corner (kind of hidden) :p

Rolled over 200,00 on the tour. :)

View attachment 163275 You liked that wake up call? :D I have a ton of pics, I just haven't had time to download. Been swamped at work since I returned.
That first pic getting the Camaro unstuck that is me up in the right front corner (kind of hidden) :p

Rolled over 200,00 on the tour. :)
Kind of hidden....Dave...NO how could that be?? 200k and your car still looks almost brand new!! way to go!