HOT ROD magaizine, no respect for Grand Nationals

YES!!! I was waiting for someone to say that last line!!!! Now I know you're an idiot. Let me guess, now you are going to offer me a plane ticket to come meet you so I can get beat up? Grow up Peter Pan. My comment about you stands.

Your ramblings just solidify my assessment of you.

Yes I do know about the mopars and their turbo four bangers. There is a caravan running 10s with the combo.

I'm up on lsx, and some of the ford stuff. I'm a mechanical kind of guy.

I fix my own stuff. I don't have the budget to send it out so that's the only way for me. I'm married with children. Plenty of life experience. Oh and I'm a lover not a fighter(four trophies to prove it).

If you are not interested in hunting a vac leak or doing electrical with a meter you might as well sell now because that's where these cars are at.

Again I'm being nice, and you insist on not laying down the shovel and digging yourself deeper. Some people have to experience it I guess. Much better to appear foolish than post up your ramblings and remove the doubt.

Your turn.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Your ramblings just solidify my assessment of you.

Yes I do know about the mopars and their turbo four bangers. There is a caravan running 10s with the combo.

I'm up on lsx, and some of the ford stuff. I'm a mechanical kind if guy.

I fix my own stuff. I don't have the budget to send it out so that's the only way for me. I'm married with children. Plenty of life experience. Oh and I'm a lover not a fighter(four trophies to prove it).

If you are not interested in hunting a vac leak or doing electrical with a meter you might as well sell now because that's where these cars are at.

Again I'm being nice, and you insist on not laying down the shovel and digging yourself deeper. Some people have to experience it I guess. Much better to appear foolish than post up your ramblings and remove the doubt.

Your turn.

I wasn't really addressing you about the mopar 4 bangers. That's great you're a jack of all trades. I'm truly impressed. I fix my own stuff as well. The only stuff I haven't done on my own cars is the dyno tuning because I don't have a dyno. And I don't remember challenging anyone one here to a physical fight. You're friend hiboom was the one bringing it to that level. He is also the one I am calling ignorant.

And to hiboom. I'm not saying anything in here that I wouldn't say to you or anyone else's face. I'm not going to have a pissing match about our physical prowess, so I'm going to leave it at that. Sounds like you're the one being the internet tough guy. Again, grow up.

"This aggression will not stand....man."

This is getting silly.

Nice, 16 posts and 14 of them in this thread. Wonder if trolloftheday had the same reaction to his first posts on all the sites he has joined? I'm sure they welcomed him with open arms too.

My Grandma drove Buicks like a boss. She was bad azz so I don't mind.

I got My first T-Type in the late 90s (85, wh1) I purchased it from a 93 year old lady who bought it new in 85. It really was grandmas car, she put around 40k miles on it.

Nice, 16 posts and 14 of them in this thread. Wonder if trolloftheday had the same reaction to his first posts on all the sites he has joined? I'm sure they welcomed him with open arms too.
HE'S PISSED WE CALLED HIM A HIPPIE AND RAGGED ON HIS FLIP FLOPS .:D

I thought this thread was about Hot Rod Magazine printing an article about (all) G-Bodied cars that just happened to have a picture of something that looked like a GN, probably the most recognized and ledgendary G-Body out there. Perhaps that was the reason for using the picture they did, albeit a bit misguided.

A little unflattering? Yes.

Intentionally disrepectful? I can't say for sure.

Being a proud TR owner I too, take exception to how the article portrays the GN, but I'm just not certain there was any ill intent by the magazine or it's staff here.

That said, I would like to address herooftheday.

Sir, you're curently on a crash course in a place where it's not all that hard to quickly gain acceptance.

In your attempts to defend your postition/comments towards others you are becoming what your accuse the others of being. Please step back, take a deep breath, recall what you may have learned on other boards and stop being antagonistic.

Every other board out there has people who are rabidly loyal to the vehicle the board is promoting. It's no different here and there is not one single thing wrong with that.

I spend every working day on and around some of the most exotic, powerful and expensive cars ever built. I find something to admire in each one. I also see flaws in each one.

However, I don't walk into the service area of (insert brand here) and talk smack about the owners, their cars, their personalities, or their preferences.

It's called respect, and you should try to earn a little before you post up a bunch of negativety. After all, I'm absolutely certain as a T/R owner, you are going to encounter a a gremlin that you just can't figure out and this board will be the place you will need to turn to for help.

If you choose to stay on the path you are on, help just might become difficult to come by.

Have a good weekend everybody! Football game is starting............

I thought this thread was about Hot Rod Magazine printing an article about (all) G-Bodied cars that just happened to have a picture of something that looked like a GN, probably the most recognized and ledgendary G-Body out there. Perhaps that was the reason for using the picture they did, albeit a bit misguided.

A little unflattering? Yes.

Intentionally disrepectful? I can't say for sure.

Being a proud TR owner, I too take exception to how the article portrays the GN, but I'm just not certain there was any ill intent by the magazine or it's staff here.

That said, I would like to address herooftheday.

Sir, you're curently on a crash course in a place where it's not all that hard to quickly gain acceptance.

In your attempts to defend your postition/comments towards others you are becoming what your accuse the others of being. Please step back, take a deep breath, recall what you may have learned on other boards and stop being antagonistic.

Every other board out there has people who are rabidly loyal to the vehicle the board is promoting. It's no different here and there is not one single thing wrong with that.

I spend every working day on and around some of the most exotic, powerful and expensive cars ever built. I find something to admire in each one. I also see flaws in each one.

However, I don't walk into the service area of (insert brand here) and talk smack about the owners, their cars, their personalities, or their preferences.

It's called respect, and you should try to earn a little before you post up a bunch of negativety. After all, I'm absolutely certain as a T/R owner, you are going to encounter a a gremlin that you just can't figure out and this board will be the place you will need to turn to for help.

If you choose to stay on the path you are on, help just might become difficult to come by.

Have a good weekend everybody! Football game is starting............

Thank you for a well thought out post. I do appreciate it. I agree with a lot of what you said. I know coming on here, I was going to come across a lot of TR fanatics. And like Ive stated, there are a lot of reasons to love the car. It has a cult following like many other rare cars as it should. I'm not disrespecting the car by any means. I'm addressing all of the narrow minded owners on here that actually do talk crap about other higher priced vehicles. It's not so much in this thread, but look through the kills section and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The reason I ignited the fire in this thread is because the article in the OP really didn't talk about just turbo regals, but regals in general. Someone here decided that If you are talking about a regal then you MUST be talking about a TR. It looks like you noticed the same thing I did with the article. I'll concede and let you guys have your fun with talking shit about the magazine. I just didn't think it was necessary.

Wait.....I missed the flip flops

TO THE GALLOWS HIPPIE!

Posted from 06355....ain't skeered

[quote="herooftheday, post: 3293451, member: 44031] I'm addressing all of the narrow minded owners on here that actually do talk crap about other higher priced vehicles. It's not so much in this thread, but look through the kills section and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I just didn't think it was necessary.[/quote]

Kill section would be pretty boring if all we did was post about racing each other.
And what did you expect to find in a site called turbobuick.com?
I bleed trishield. I own Buicks(and Chevy Trucks). You aren't loyal I get that. I find it sad the General dropped Oldsmobile, Pontiac and even Saturn. Just shows they couldn't manage the empire. Much easier to build an empire than to maintain it.
Narrow minded? Maybe but I know what I like.
If GM drops Buick(won't happen as they sell too many in China) ill continue to own them. But I doubt ill buy another new one. I like rear wheel drive(tried a 91 regal GS, not for me), plenty of trunk for my stuff, and plenty of pah.

Other makes, nice to look at and race against but not my cup of tea.

Thanks for stoppin by.

[quote="herooftheday, post: 3293451, member: 44031] I'm addressing all of the narrow minded owners on here that actually do talk crap about other higher priced vehicles. It's not so much in this thread, but look through the kills section and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I just didn't think it was necessary.

Kill section would be pretty boring if all we did was post about racing each other.
And what did you expect to find in a site called turbobuick.com?
I bleed trishield. I own Buicks(and Chevy Trucks). You aren't loyal I get that. I find it sad the General dropped Oldsmobile, Pontiac and even Saturn. Just shows they couldn't manage the empire. Much easier to build an empire than to maintain it.
Narrow minded? Maybe but I know what I like.
If GM drops Buick(won't happen as they sell too many in China) ill continue to own them. But I doubt ill buy another new one. I like rear wheel drive(tried a 91 regal GS, not for me), plenty of trunk for my stuff, and plenty of pah.

Other makes, nice to look at and race against but not my cup of tea.

Thanks for stoppin by.
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app[/quote]

I think you are missing the point I'm trying to make about the kills section. I've been in my fair share of races in all my different cars and against all different kinds of cars. I've won a bunch of them and lost just as many. But no matter what the outcome, I never talked crap about the other persons car. And I'm not saying you do. But others on here seem to think a little differently. They can't seem to understand why someone would prefer a newer car even if it is a bit slower. Just like you said, the other cars aren't your cup of tea. But a lot of these guys get their jimmies rustled when a TR isn't someone else's cup of tea. It's just an observation Ive made and I felt the need to comment.

It's not so much in this thread, but look through the kills section and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The Kill Section on any board is where enthusiasts of the brand associated with the board go to crow about the feats they've accomplished.

In turn, the OP enjoys reading the "great kill" attaboys and attendant smack talk comments the come with
the territory.

I myself just posted up my kill of a Nissan GTR this past Sunday. (TurboTGuy vs GTR)

I know I basked in the sunlight and loved every single "nice job" comment I received. Some of the comments were a little rough on the GTR but hey, he lost. :D

That's why the Kill Section is there, isn't it?

I think you are missing the point I'm trying to make about the kills section. I've been in my fair share of races in all my different cars and against all different kinds of cars. I've won a bunch of them and lost just as many. But no matter what the outcome, I never talked crap about the other persons car. And I'm not saying you do. But others on here seem to think a little differently. They can't seem to understand why someone would prefer a newer car even if it is a bit slower. Just like you said, the other cars aren't your cup of tea. But a lot of these guys get their jimmies rustled when a TR isn't someone else's cup of tea. It's just an observation Ive made and I felt the need to comment.

I like this. Makes sense and gets me to see things in a different light. I know you're new, but at least you seem intelligent. Keep it up.

The Kill Section on any board is where enthusiasts of the brand associated with the board go to crow about the feats they've accomplished.

In turn, the OP enjoys reading the "great kill" attaboys and attendant smack talk comments the come with
the territory.

I myself just posted up my kill of a Nissan GTR this past Sunday. I know I basked in the sunlight and loved every single "nice job" comment I received.

Some of the comments were a little rough on the GTR but hey, he lost. :D

That's why the Kill Section is there, isn't it?

Trust me, I know what the kill section is for. And in theory, it's a great place to talk about good races. But it starts to get away from the true spirit of racing when people start disrespecting other cars. I've had many races that I've won and lost end up in a parking lot to chat about our cars. Win or loss, I had a great attitude toward the other person and they had the same respect for me. The mustang I had was by far the most powerful car I've owned. I beat many many cars that cost much more. Sure they would be good hearted bragging, but I've never told them they're expensive ride was a waste. If you have the means to own a vette or Porsche or Mercedes or whatever, you have my respect for putting in the hard work to make the money to acquire one. The reason that other guy is racing you is because he is a car guy too and he is driving his car of choice.

It doesn't matter how fast you are, someone out there will beat you. They may beat you in a lambo or maybe a TR. To a lot of people, buying and building a GTR may be like you buying a regal and building it. It's all relative to how deep your pockets are. A fast car is a fast car. It's just these kill sections that take away some of the pride and car guy "etiquette" from the people like me and many others who respect a car for what it is and the car scene as a whole.

It's just these kill sections that take away some of the pride and car guy "etiquette" from the people like me and many others who respect a car for what it is and the car scene as a whole.

I'm inclined to agree with this statement to a certain degree, however, I would venture to guess that if you were to go on ANY other board and say the same things you said here, you would receive similar if not more harsh treatment from the members of those boards.

The fact remains that this board in no more guilty of the actions you've mentioned than any other board out there so I guess my question is :

"Why here, why now?"