HOT ROD magaizine, no respect for Grand Nationals

So we buy these cars to be different. We buy them because not too many people know what they are and we can surprise them at a stop light or at the track. Now you guys are all pissed off because the car that not too many people know about isn't getting "respect". Make up your minds on what you want. You sound like a bunch of women. You want a universally accepted car, buy a vette or mustang. If you can't handle owning an "under dog", then don't.
:( ARE YOU HIGH ..MUSTANG SALLY .

3 post wonder.:rolleyes:

It doesn't take too many posts to see how insecure you guys are about your car. If everyone isn't bowing to it you guys get all bent out of shape. It's an old Buick for christ's sake. I love mine, but I know what it is and what it isn't. In the car world where people are in the "know", it gets attention. But to the general population who doesn't know they're ass from a hole in the ground, it's a boxy 1980's regal. And I'm fine with that. That pic of the magazine that was posted looks like it was kind of a blanket statement and necessarily an article about GN's. It does seem odd that a car may wouldn't mention it, but then again, who cares??? I buy things that I like and I don't give a shit what others think about it. If you bought this car to impress people, there are a lot better options out there.

Glad you could stop by and tell us how we act ..I never would have known . but gee wiz your doing the same thing to us .. thanks for your opinion tho . :D

So we buy these cars to be different. We buy them because not too many people know what they are and we can surprise them at a stop light or at the track. Now you guys are all pissed off because the car that not too many people know about isn't getting "respect". Make up your minds on what you want. You sound like a bunch of women. You want a universally accepted car, buy a vette or mustang. If you can't handle owning an "under dog", then don't.
Hot Rod knows what these cars are. Every real car guy does. Your comment "not too many people know what they are" makes me think you don't have one. Or you have one you have never driven. I can only speak for myself, but I've always been surprised how much respect I get from people of all ages when I have mine out and about.

I didn't read the article. But,if they mention "..a bulletproof drivetrain with a crap car on top.",I agree.

It's GM '80s. ...plastic trim that breaks like tortilla chips,etc.

Earl.. I just installed it and now have 3psi more FP. No more complication.

Hot Rod knows what these cars are. Every real car guy does. Your comment "not too many people know what they are" makes me think you don't have one. Or you have one you have never driven. I can only speak for myself, but I've always been surprised how much respect I get from people of all ages when I have mine out and about.

I find that about 1 out of 5 really have a clue. My GN has been called everything and with every engine. "...a 350 in those!" Had a guy call my car a 557 a few months ago. 442??

"You know... You don't see those Internationals much anymore." Really??

On the other hand,I had a stalker not too long ago. A work van was following me everywhere,then into a parking lot. He knew his cars.

It doesn't take too many posts to see how insecure you guys are about your car. If everyone isn't bowing to it you guys get all bent out of shape. It's an old Buick for christ's sake. I love mine, but I know what it is and what it isn't. In the car world where people are in the "know", it gets attention. But to the general population who doesn't know they're ass from a hole in the ground, it's a boxy 1980's regal. And I'm fine with that. That pic of the magazine that was posted looks like it was kind of a blanket statement and necessarily an article about GN's. It does seem odd that a car may wouldn't mention it, but then again, who cares??? I buy things that I like and I don't give a shit what others think about it. If you bought this car to impress people, there are a lot better options out there.
Smells like troll in here.

Smells like troll in here.

Really?? That's it?

Look. From the reading I've done on here so far I've seen there are a lot of great and helpful guys on here. Even you Pronto. But when someone either here or wherever doesn't think the buicks are the best, a lot of you guys turn into babies. Maybe it's not fair of me to single you guys out because I see this behavior on every board. This is just the one I'm on right now for the car that I currently have. I've wanted to own one of these cars since I was in highschool and now I finally have one in my garage. So to call me a troll is pretty ignorant considering you don't know me at all. I've owned sever different makes and models and loved them all. The Buick is the flavor of the week for me. Sounds like I'm in for some frustration when I get into mods and tuning. Definitely wasn't the case with my 03 cobra. Hmmm....

You're in for problems if you try to do mods like you might for the cobra or other make. You are in for problems if you think you can run your Buick "ballz out" without proper supporting mods.
You don't have to respect Buick owners or their vehicles, but you will run into problems if you don't gain the knowledge to maintain yours.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I think they were just saying a G-body was a good buy for a youngster and then used a picture of what looked like a GN.
BTW: I got my TTA when I was 17. Sooo.... so much for dying young with a "overpowered" vehicle.

:p

Attachments

• 1381651763490.jpg
    1381651763490.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 153
You're in for problems if you try to do mods like you might for the cobra or other make. You are in for problems if you think you can run your Buick "ballz out" without proper supporting mods.
You don't have to respect Buick owners or their vehicles, but you will run into problems if you don't gain the knowledge to maintain yours.

No shit, dummy. Why do you think I'm here researching. I don't know what gave you the idea I was going to run my car "ballz out". Please refrain from speaking to me from now on.

Holy hijacked thread Batman.

Let's recap so far for those new to the thread...

1. Stupid rag, no respect for the GN, blah blah blah
2. Opinions, opinions, and some asshole posting about his mom... (Wtf is up with that?)
3. "I was just in the mood for bitching"... (My favorite BTW)
4. And then two pages I being told why we are babies or women for posting opinions on a board that thrives on opinions.

I don't care what anyone thinks of my car except me. I do however want your opinions which is why I am on this ####ing board. If I don't like your opinion tough shit, my skin is thick enough.

Now can we get back to hating on this shitbag magazine and posting random opinions?

No shit, dummy. Why do you think I'm here researching. I don't know what gave you the idea I was going to run my car "ballz out". Please refrain from speaking to me from now on.

I've not spoken to you yet. We're just posting on a forum. I'm being nice.
You in the other hand are obviously a punk. I get that. I was one too.

Good luck .

Don't speak to me, lol, you sound like my fifteen year old.

As far as the Hot Rod rag goes. It is pretty much played out. The paradigm has shifted. Print media has one foot in the grave. It is living on borrowed time and they know it so they print a lot of shock value. I think they had the right idea with the website (bangshift) that was, but didn't make enough money so they had to go back to what they knew.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I've not spoken to you yet. We're just posting on a forum. I'm being nice.
You in the other hand are obviously a punk. I get that. I was one too.

Good luck .

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Awesome response... Love it... Where is my (y) smilie?

Really?? That's it?

Look. From the reading I've done on here so far I've seen there are a lot of great and helpful guys on here. Even you Pronto. But when someone either here or wherever doesn't think the buicks are the best, a lot of you guys turn into babies. Maybe it's not fair of me to single you guys out because I see this behavior on every board. This is just the one I'm on right now for the car that I currently have. I've wanted to own one of these cars since I was in highschool and now I finally have one in my garage. So to call me a troll is pretty ignorant considering you don't know me at all. I've owned sever different makes and models and loved them all. The Buick is the flavor of the week for me. Sounds like I'm in for some frustration when I get into mods and tuning. Definitely wasn't the case with my 03 cobra. Hmmm....
You're a troll b/c you come on here and you're first several posts are nothing to do with your TB (if you even own one). Your posts have been in threads that are about other cars being so great and downing TB owners or the car. How about some questions on your car or even some compliments on some one's accomplishments. Nope. Calling us BABIES b/c we love our cars. Ya, they are old and not the greatest design but they are OUR cars. That certainly gives us the right on a board for TB owners be proud of our cars, flaws and all. Trolling around insulting us is not the best way to make friends or have people offer to help you. There are excellent people on this board. Members go out of their way to do some pretty extraordinary things for our members like raising funds to buy a roller for a member that lost his car to a fire, hunting down thieves that stole complete rigs, helping members that had failures at the track with parts and wrenching and the list goes on and on. So you have one "in your garage". Good for you. You thought it "special" enough to get one and "you wanted one since High School" so now you come here to "research". Keep acting like an assclown and see how much help you get. I've seen your kind come and go. Maybe you should go to a Cobra site to get help. I've heard they like assclowns, you know birds of feather flock together thing.
Awesome response... Love it... Where is my (y) smilie?
Don't think TexasT was talking to you...