hot air turbo problems

Raymond Jimenez

hi guys im new to the forum and have i got some turbo blues. well to start i have a 1985 buick t-type when i got the car it didnt start so i went with the usual suspects i did the tune up changed the fuel pump o ring for the fuel regulator since it was busted and new fluids so i started the car and drove and it seems that the turbo on the hot is smoking not right away but maybe after a couple of minutes of it being driven so ive come to the conclusion that its in need of a rebuild my question is is it just possible that the oil seals went bad for sitting to long and just the seals need to be replaced or is it completly toast does anyone know of a place to send it out for a rebuild im located in southern california orange to be exact thanks for any help

Go to the general section and at the top look at the how to section. There's a post that will show you how to rebuild it yourself and you can ge the parts from Gpop shop.:)

Yes or buy a good turbo from someone for around 200 bucks rebuild yours later and keep as a spare