Hot Air tuning help in Philly area

fireberd350

I need some serious help with my car. It hasn't run right in a year and as a result is not fun to drive anymore

Basically I need it tuned up good. The car has no bottom end whatsoever. It breaks up on the top end. It has high knock counts. I cannot spin the wheels at all, even if I hold the brakes to 8+psi!

Anyways I need some professional help. I have an 87 ECM so it can be hooked up to T-Link, etc.

If anyone can help or suggest someone let me know. I need to regain interest!

Some very good guys in the Philly area.
Let's start with these questions;

What are the scantool numbers?
What TC are you running?
Your injectors "may" be too small for a TA33, depending on the boost level.
Have you considered contacting TT for a chip?

Dont have the #'s off hand.
Stock TC
Turned the boost as low as possible ~11psi so 30# should be plenty
I have considered getting a custom chip but would like to get it looked at first. I'd like to avoid throwing parts at the problem(s), i'd would like to see what caused it before i do anything.

fireberd350 said:
Dont have the #'s off hand.
Stock TC
Turned the boost as low as possible ~11psi so 30# should be plenty
I have considered getting a custom chip but would like to get it looked at first. I'd like to avoid throwing parts at the problem(s), i'd would like to see what caused it before i do anything.

You ar correct. Throwing parts at it is not going to resolve the issue(s), unless they are the right parts.

Have you verified the MAF?
What about your fueling? Is it rich at the bottom? What about top end?
Is fuel rising with boost?
All hoses zip tied?
What timing in the chip?
Cat condition good?
Any oil burning?
TPS at idle and WOT ok?
Does it knock when you "ease into it" or stomp the throttle?

Sorry to throw all these questions at you, but I have been there and know what you are going through. (To and extend, I still am)