Hot air to cool air transformation

national84

Heavy breather
I am currently in the middle of the V2 turbomotion controversy, and a trying to pick up the pieces and move on with my car. I don't want to run the car without an intercooler. It's just free horsepower (costly though it may be). I am looking for any type of intake swap that would allow me to run an intercooler into the front of the intake like the V2 kit, so I can route the plumbing similar to the 86-87 cars. I would prefer something that would outflow the stock intercooled intake, and don't want to do the complete transplant if I can avoid it. I have too many hotair related parts to just scrap it and start all over.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Well man, it sounds like the TM kit is what you are looking for. It is the only intercooler kit that moved the throttle body to the intake. The intake itself outflows the intercooled 86/7 ones. Still maintained the use of hotair parts for the car. I have not put my kit on as yet. Still need to get some parts which I can't afford yet
:( But I have heard great improvements with this kit on, even with the stock turbo pushing it. The IM kit is prolly the most bang for your buck, and you wont have to convert your whole drivetrain to an 87 setup. And the setup is completely unique. 86/87's are a dime a dozen, hotairs are a lot harder to find! :D

If you could get your hands on a V2 to show a fabricator it that would be the way to go. You could have one made from a stock 84 intake. Last year I bought a stocker and cut it apart and had a fabricator weld it up. It was a stock gutted intake. Then I went to the V2. I don't see why someone else cant do the same thing as Jay did. It might be alot of work but it is the only way if you want a front mounted t/b and want to i/c.