hot air issues

chrisg01

85-gnturbo
hey guys having a few problems with the car when driving normal around home or anywhere the car gets hot after bout 15 or 20 mins. Also when u drive it it rund great up till about 1/2 throttle then it doesnt build any boost and feels like ur driving a four cylinder i have an oil leak coming from above the rear main and tranny im pretty sure its the gasket in the manifold for the return line but where do you get one nobody seems to have one, I need to try pushin it down in the manifold more i dont think its pushed in alll the way. How do you set the boost on one to its set at 18psi and most race cars dont even run that. Otherwise the car is in good shape ive fixed the interior and other things, just need a little help with the motor part and then hopefully im going.

Chris.:cool:

Are you sure the oil leak is the rear main seal and not the turbo, that would leak in the same general area. You may have a bad turbo, look at that as well. Also check the map sensor is it plugged in, it will make it run like it's only on 4 cyclinders and the car will run rough, but you said it's fine at first? A plugged cat will cause it not to build any boost and run horrible as well, ever run race fuel? If you still have the catalytic converter this will honey comb it and make it so it can't breathe (the catalytic converter if it's still on) Let us know what you find.

the oil leak is the gasket return for the turbo not the rear main the rear main is fine the cat i think is still on there and just plain needs to come off where is the map sensor again :cool:

WHERE can you get the gasket though. I think it might just need to be pushed in better

WHERE can you get the gasket though. I think it might just need to be pushed in better

The oil drain grommet generic is at OReillys. Read the link to the thread. The MAP sensor is on the passenger side inner fender with the vacuum line attached. Next to the ESC module. Brad

Okay thanks man i will try to get a chance to check it bein married and having a 7 month old son my time is limited but i appreciate any info i can get these cars are awsome and i want to get this one going for goodits been a long 9 year process of resto. thanks again

Chris