Hot air blowing on the floor

Buick_noob

I have the electronic control a/c and heat unit and everytime I drive I feel hot air on my feet and I look like this when I drive :mad: so does anyone know how I can stop this air from coming in???

Take a look behind your glove box (you'll have to let it open all the way down), and you'll find the "blend door" motor with a little actuating arm attached.
Run the temp selector from coldest to warmest and back. This should cause the blend door motor to open and close the blend door depending on temp selected.
You should see it moving. If not the blend door motor has probably bit the big one. Mine did several years ago.

or the water shutoff valve i nthe heater line under the hood is either bad or the vacuum line fell off.

Hot feet

Hi,
So, does the system change modes? Can you switch from defrost down to heater and then bi level, face vents,and such? If not, the first thing I would look at is vacuum source. Blend door is possibly inactive too. My '83 blend door is electrically operated, all the other stuff is vacuum. I'm sorry, I also have climate control, but of the earlier touch pad variety. Hope this helps.

hot air

On my car the hot air comes from the missing rubber gasket that runs across the cowl between the hood and the cowl edge. If there isn't a good seal there it allows hot air from the engine compartment to get sucked into the blower intake screen just below the passenger wiper area.
Peter

On my car the hot air comes from the missing rubber gasket that runs across the cowl between the hood and the cowl edge. If there isn't a good seal there it allows hot air from the engine compartment to get sucked into the blower intake screen just below the passenger wiper area.
Peter

That it what it feels like because after I drive my car I smell like a hot engine....Now how do I fix that....

Hi,
So, does the system change modes? Can you switch from defrost down to heater and then bi level, face vents,and such? If not, the first thing I would look at is vacuum source. Blend door is possibly inactive too. My '83 blend door is electrically operated, all the other stuff is vacuum. I'm sorry, I also have climate control, but of the earlier touch pad variety. Hope this helps.

Everything changes when I push each button

Rubber grommet missing from firewall as stated, will give you that warm air on your legs, I have found that if the window is down it will create a bit of a vacuum and blow even harder

Rubber grommet missing from firewall as stated, will give you that warm air on your legs, I have found that if the window is down it will create a bit of a vacuum and blow even harder

Where do I find this rubber at to replace it???