Horspower TV G-Body Chasis Build

m1tankr

Just a heads up. The Horsepower TV (Spike TV) from today started a new project car. They are taking a G-Body (Buick wagon) & making it into a monster sleeper. Todays episode was pretty nice for us as they showed how to beef up the factory frame weak points without resorting to a roll cage. Some nice tips. They put in a full Ridetech coilover G-body suspension package & a manual rack & pinion setup. Also included a performance g-body SSBC brake package. This will be an interesting project to follow & nice to see some G-body love. I think it'll replay tomorrow & later this week.

All that suspension upgrade was nuts.. Is going to be a bad ass wagon.. Hes talking 1000 lbs of torque.. Woow.,

i wonder how it will handle compared to the Malibu wagon that Popular Hot Rodding did in the early 90's? that car wasn't fast- they built a smog legal 305 or something for it- but they did tweak the suspension with the best pieces at the time and put on some unimaginably huge (at that time...) stock IROC wheels with insanely wide (for the time) 245/50/16 tires on it. i think they got a lot of hate mail for using such big wheels on it... they also shaved all the excess trim off and made it look cool.

Where can I find a link to this TV program? I would love to see it!
Conrad