horsepower #'s

FatNasty231

i have a '87 gn with te-44,42.5lb inj.,3" dp,chip burned for the 42.5's(that's what the label on the chip says),adjustable fuel press. reg.,k&n filter with box removed. my question is would anyone have a good guess what my horsepower is at the flywheel and at the rear? :confused:

Wow this sounds similar to what I have:

TE44, 60# injectors, adjustable wastegate (seeing 14-15 psi), aftermarket exhaust (not sure what), I guess stock downpipe, K&N no box, impala maf and MAFT, hotwire and walbro fuel pump.

I have no idea as to HP #'s but I'm guess we should have "similar" power at least.

Run it and post the quarter mph and weight of the car with driver. You need to give us a lot more info to give you any ballpark hp numbers. Boost and timing, type of fuel used, converter locked or unlocked, etc.

how much boost?
whats in the tank?
whose chip and burned for what specifics?
cat in there or test pipe?

your combo if running correctly and more importantly correctly tuned for 25 psi with race fuel should make about 450 hp (RWHP)
this is enough carry a 3700lbs (if the trans stays together and it hooks ) to mid /high 11s ~115 mph
on 93 only at 17psi id guess more like 350hp

you have to take the time to tune it while monitoring O2s and knock (scanmaster as a minimum ) if your combo is pushed (data logger and wideband should be used for this ) could approach 500hp . some have even gotten a little more but with 42s youll be out of injectors just before that