Hoosier quick time pros

qwic87gn

Have any of you guys ran these tires before? I'm thinking about gettting a pair for street use and track but mostly street use. Have you compared them to MT ET Streets?If so what was a better tire? I've got BFG drag radials now and I am not to impressed with those. What kind of 60' times have you ran with the hoosiers? How long do they last also?

Thanks for answers to any of the questions!:)

with QTP you get more tread v/s sidewall so you get more tire on the ground

I had my buddy's 27/10.50 hoosier qtp's on my car and they worked as good if not better than my 28/12.50 st streets.

hoosier gets my vote for better of the 2

I run the 28x11.50x15 QT Pro's. Best '60 so far is a 1.54. That's with a 5# launch off the foot brake and 16psi air pressure (no rim screws). I've got two seasons on the tires (150+ runs) and it looks like they'll easily go another one.

I wouldn't recommend them for mainly street use, but I guess that depends on how much you drive the car.

-Banning.

I just put a set on my car and I'll let everyone know when I get back from the track how they hook. To me the ET Streets look more street legal than the QTP's.
with QTP you get more tread v/s sidewall so you get more tire on the ground
Red is correct.

Go with the QTP's , I have run them on many cars and worked great. I drove them on each car on the street and thought they drove fine as long as it was dry. If it is wet park it or you will kill yourself!!!!!!!! From looking at sizes it looks like I can fit the 28x13x5's they have more tread than the 12.5 MT's I had given to me and am running them now, but the QT's have less section width than the MT'S.

Any way go with the Hoosiers , you will love them.

I have the hoosiers and I love them. 27x10.5x15 with weld draglites with 3 1/2" backspacing.;)

Hoosier Quick Pro Times Tires

These are great tires. In my opinion they are way better than E.T streets. I have tried both and I will never again put an E.T street on my car since I started using the Hoosiers. They are awesome on the street and perform very well at the track. I have ran an 11.12 at 124 mph with these tires. I use the 27x11.5x15 on 15x8 Weld Pro Stars with 3 1/2 B.S. As for true slicks I'm not sure if the Hoosier slick is better than the E.T drag slicks. :cool:

Would a 27" hoosier be to much for the stock gears? I would think sticking to a 26" tire would be better for my setup.

With the 27 you will have to roll the lip on fender. Not a big deal. Should only take about an hour or so. I still use my stock gears. As your car gets faster you will need a bigger tire. This also helps keep the RPM down in the power band. I will upgrade to 28 next time.:D

27/ 10.50 will go without cutting or rollin if on right rim

I had them on my car with 15 by 7 convo pro's and at one time on stock 86-87 ttype wheels in stock wheel well

I run my 28x11.50's without having to roll the fender lip. I run 12psi in both airbags at the track, and maybe 15psi on the street.

-Banning.

No comparison, they hook way better. They don't drive like a radial but I think they are fine on the street. I would rather turn a little slower than the Nitto's going up in smoke with a heavy foot and trying to keep it strait.

At the track there's no comparison. The Nittos are better all around street tires though.

-Banning.