Hoosier Quick Time Pro's on GNX - 16"

jdodman

Pedal Masher !!!
Time for new sneakers...on the rear !!!

Has anyone mounted the 16 inch Hoosier Quick Time Pro's on a set of GNX (Trans Am Honeycomb) wheels ?? I have the fronts Trans Am Wheels, all around and have the MT ET's on the rears now. They are the 10.5 width and fit with no spacer. Not real happy with the MT's so I want to try a taller tire and wanted to also giver Hoosier a shot.

Hoosier now has the 16 inch slicks (last time I needed slicks, I did not see Hoosier offering 16 inch).
Anyway - I am considering a 28"tall 16" by 11.5 rear tire and just wanted to see if they fit..

Anyone out there with this combo on the Turbo Buick ???
Any feedback would be appreciated...:D

I think the Hoosier QTP's are a damn good hook'n tire. I have had 2 set sof these as well as numerous sets of the slicks and have not been able to duplicate my best 60' times with any other brand. I also have the GTA 16" wheels and was considering going to the QTP's next season to replace my tired MT's. Do they now make a 26" tall slick in 16"???

I have their true slick, 28x10x16 and they have worked great for me so far.

Clayton
How much room do you have on the inside of the slick against the frame rail ?? If it is going to rub, that is where it will hit and this is a 11.5 inch wide tire.

Thanks,

All my wheels are 16x8

When they were on the ones with a 4" BS they rubbed a little. I switched them over to the wheels with 3.5" BS and everything is good now.

Your 28x11.5x16 QTP's are actually slightly smaller than my 28x10's.

Check www.hoosiertire.com and you'll see what I mean.

My tread width measures 10.3" and yours would be 10.0". My section width is 12" and yours would be 11.8". IOW, you should be fine if you get a rim with 3.5" - 3.75" BS

I have been running these tires since May, they work great. I had to use 3/8 spacers on each wheel and some minor hammering of the frame to get enough clearance to use them with my GTA wheels.

Uh - Oh !!

It's the minor hammering on the frame, I am trying to avoid...

I also do not like to run spacers on the rear as I race the car 4-5 times a year, and do not want to run that risk.

If the gloves do not fit...I must not equip...;)

It would be nice if Hoosier made a 26x10.5x16 slick....I can't see running a 28" tall tire on my stock geared TTA.

I have the 16 inch GNX rims all around,but when I play I have a set of HQTP's on 15 inch rims (Enkins)and people cant really tell. For the track I use the weld five star with the skinnies up front and 28x12.5x15 (mickey) on the back.