Hooray for Arizonas poor air quality standards!

Jarnutt

Youngin'
That time of year rolled around again recently so I thought it high time to dust off the ol' cat and stock chip and take the buick to get its emissions testing out of the way.

Long story short, I lowered fuel pressure to about 38, put in my cat, filled her up with a fresh tank of premium octane, and we were off, didnt dawn on me til I was next in line that my stock chip was sitting at home....oops.

Passed with flying colors, not even past the halfway mark on anything tested. So, turns out the "pass emissions juice" I had poured in my tank for the past 5 years, as well as the stock chip I just purchased, were a waste of money. I have one clean burning buick, or a hell of a cat it appears.

WOW! Congradulations! Sure wish I'd had that kind of luck. What chip did you have in it? I would have to guess TT. I'm now sold on em!! Ron

right on. i have to emmission mine as well when i get back but now i have a new motor and it more then likely wont pass the visual. So now when i get home im going to get the classic car insurance so i wont have to do emissions anymore. Great job passing.

right on. i have to emmission mine as well when i get back but now i have a new motor and it more then likely wont pass the visual. So now when i get home im going to get the classic car insurance so i wont have to do emissions anymore. Great job passing.

What visual, they have no idea what to look for. Normally they just crowd around and stare.

You think thats bad that you passed like that. Here in Colorado we no longer have any emissions testing anymore at all, and when we did on my 85 GN when I did test it I didnt have a cat, was running about midgrade, and had a ATR Pitbull chip in it, and although it didnt pass only one thing was over the limits but just barely. I think if I would of had the stock chip in it, it would have passsed.

well since my car has no a/c like 3 vacum lines no egr no vapor canister pretty much no nothing im sure someone would say something.

Here in Colorado we no longer have any emissions testing anymore at all said:
Are you sure? I still see mobile emissions test vehicles. It would be nice not to have to put the stock DP and Cat on next summer.

the last time i had to emissions test mine (before i spun a rod bearing) they had me pop the hood. the look on there face when they saw the old nitrous soleniods:eek: was classic!

buickbert

Are you sure? I still see mobile emissions test vehicles. It would be nice not to have to put the stock DP and Cat on next summer.

As of January of this year for cars there are no emissions. I guess they still are making diesels get them done though. I wonder how long it will last before they go back to the old ways. Before the new law the only places you had to get emmisions done anyways were in El Paso county or any of the counties that made up the city and surrounding areas of Denver. All other counties had no emissions testing required.

I was nervous too last month when trying to pass emissions. But I passed, you sit there hoping the boost doesn't kick in while its on the dyno LoL.

Thats the best part, I left the boost at 20 psi, Im running tuner style on the wastegate, and was hoping they didnt get into it too hard cause it spools up pretty quickly now with that greddy front mount. Im running a thrasher chip that I had burned when I bought these injectors about three years ago. If anyone out in the far west valley in my neck of the woods needs a cat or stock 86 87 chip for emissions, Im willing to lend you my loaners to get you through. My cat is a stock regal V8 cat that I welded some bigger exhaust onto to fit my 3'' TH downpipe.

And yes, you pop the hood and suddenly it takes 6 techs to do your emissions, I think they drew straws to see who got to sit behind the wheel.:D

Oh and as for the Specialty/Classic insurance, I did look into that as a matter of fact. With American family, I have to have the car professionally appraised, about $500 and up, and I cant drive during rush hour, AND, no more than 1500 miles a year. HOWEVER, my insurance would be about 1/3 the cost annually. Ill deal with emissions for now thank ya much.:cool:

I'm going to go with Grundy ins. They said how much do you want to insure it for and then gave me a price. I know State Farm wanted me to get an appraisal. So try Grundy.
Tarey D.

Well the benefit of just having the appraising done and staying with american family, for me, is that I have a multiple car discount with my Buick on the policy. If I take it off I lose that, and I have been with them for almost 10 years, so needless to say everything is taken care of personally by the same agent I have had since I was 16.

I don't know what they look for when doing the under hood visual. When I took my Viper in last year, they made me open the hood and just stared at it for a second like :confused: . Same deal with my turbo civic.

lol. the last time i went there i opened the hood for them there like no a/c :confused: