Hooking up gauges......HELP PLZ

85_Riv_T

Just a 4100lbs T-type
I m trying to hook up boost, water temp and air/fuel ratio gauges and for some reason I am having WAY to many problems.

First, the boost gauge only is reading the vac and hen I boost it only goes to 0..no more. It is hooked up to what i think is the manifold vac hose )not sure though). Is this wrong? Is there a better place?

Second, I have to sensors that i believe are for my water temp. One with one green wire out of it and the other with a black wire and a yellow wire coming out of it. What wire should I tap off of to get a correct reading?

Third, When i hooked the air/fuel gauge up it worked BUT my car ran like a piece of $#!%. It was always jumping from rich to lean and when i gave it gas it would stay in the rich zone.
Any help on this would be awesome. I would hate to think it would require a NASCAR mechanic to install these.

I m trying to hook up boost, water temp and air/fuel ratio gauges and for some reason I am having WAY to many problems.

First, the boost gauge only is reading the vac and hen I boost it only goes to 0..no more. It is hooked up to what i think is the manifold vac hose )not sure though). Is this wrong? Is there a better place?

Second, I have to sensors that i believe are for my water temp. One with one green wire out of it and the other with a black wire and a yellow wire coming out of it. What wire should I tap off of to get a correct reading?

Third, When i hooked the air/fuel gauge up it worked BUT my car ran like a piece of $#!%. It was always jumping from rich to lean and when i gave it gas it would stay in the rich zone.
Any help on this would be awesome. I would hate to think it would require a NASCAR mechanic to install these.

Boost gage needs to be tapped "after" the turbo.
The 2-wire sensor is fof the ECM, the slinge wire can be replaced and is the "idiot light" sensor.

The AF gage is the single wire gage is will/should show rich.
Sell it to the ricer crowd :eek: and get a scantool tool for tuning and figuring out "why" it runs like it does. :cool:

Boost gage needs to be tapped "after" the turbo.
The 2-wire sensor is fof the ECM, the slinge wire can be replaced and is the "idiot light" sensor.

The AF gage is the single wire gage is will/should show rich.
Sell it to the ricer crowd :eek: and get a scantool tool for tuning and figuring out "why" it runs like it does. :cool:

X2 The water temp gauge should have included a new sending unit with it. The stock sending unit will not work with anything but an idiot light. HTH
---Keith