hooker headers

polin2424

how much does a good pair of hooker headers with the down pipe and a adujustable delta waste gate go for?

headers

polin2424 said:
how much does a good pair of hooker headers with the down pipe and a adujustable delta waste gate go for?
I guess i got screwed i bought mine used for 325 dam@!$!@.

polin2424 said:
I guess i got screwed i bought mine used for 325 dam@!$!@.
You didnt get screwed , those are alright headers,i just had a hard time with those headers on my past TR.(thats why i hate them in my opinion,installation wise) If you have enough time and patient to bolt those up,then you have a set of headers in a TR,you know what i mean..

GNguy said:
I heard hooker headers are only good at the 700hp range......

The double flare on the pipe connections is less than 2" and the pipe leading up to the turbo is 2 1/4", you decide...

I had a set of them and defended them till I sold them, for $350. So people have done worse than you did. On an up note, I used the collector and flange on a set I had to make the PS header on my Metro.

I mean put them on eBay.

Make sure you put the words Honda, Mitsu, WRX, EVO in the description, that will draw crowds for the deltagate.

IMO the Hooker Headers suck. I bought a set in Carlisle for $30 thinking I just scored a deal of a life time. With the money saved I got them coated. They bolted on with ease… no problem there but as soon as I started the car for the first time the check engine light came on, bad O2 code. :mad: I never had a problem with this car prior to. I replaced the O2 with three different parts, still the same code every time. Adjusted FP, still the same. Chased the problem for about a summer then gave up. Went back to all stock settings and put the stock headers back on, never looked back.

Buy the way I got $300 for them on e-bay. :cool:

imo those things are worthless, i had a set on my car, bad o2 codes also, wouldnt stay tight, when i took them off they were all cracked up, so i gave up on them. i was happy to get $135. from what ive read on this board, stock headers are good to 10 sec range so they should be fine for your app if youre not building a race car.

buickbert