Hooker Exhaust System

RKHiPerformance

Turbocharged Sex Cylinder
I was told that the Hooker exhaust system for the TR now includes Aerochamber mufflers instead of the old-school turbo mufflers. If this is true how do the Aerochambers work on our cars?
And who is the best source for this system?

Thanks...

"Dyno tests with a 406 c.i. SB-Chevy have proven that Aero Chamber helped produce 5ft./lbs. more torque than 2-1/2'' open pipes."

One source:

Kirban

HTH

Kirban does mention the Aerochambers included in the kit. Did the price for this kit go up when the mufflers were changed?
I don't recall the price being as high ($375).

Thanks very much for the help.

whats teh part number on that hooker exhaust because i seen one on discountautoparts.net for $285

Hooker 16810HKR

Super Competition Cat-Back System

In case you want to check out...

Summit

HOK-16810

$289.95

This cat-back exhaust kit fits the Buick Grand Nationals 1986-87 with a 231 c.i.d., and the Chevy Monte Carlo's 1986-87 with either a 305 or 350 c.i.d. This kit comes with the Hooker Super Competition TURBO MUFFLERS.

I got one for one of our cars from Jeg's, with the aero chamber mufflers. The salesman from Summit seemed a little prickish so he missed the sale....

:cool:

so is there any difference in sound from the turbo muffler then the aero champer. If not i don't think i would spend the extra money to get it especialy since discount autoparts is like 1 min from my house.

i ordered my system from summit earlier this year and it came with aerochambers

Warp6...

Here's Summit's answer...
"Hello. The system is not available without mufflers. Thanks"

You might check directly with:

Hooker

HTH

They have come with Aeros for at least 4 years. Probably not worth the effort for most to update the ad copy.

They sound good, a nice rumble but not excessively loud. At WOT with a K&N and THDP I heard more turbo and intake than exhaust.

They are not straight thru, but you can look in one end and see out the other. They are heavy though.

HTH,
Tom

i paid $279.99...if i remember correctly....i like the system, cant beat it for the price, the atr stainless systems are like 700 bucks...its way better than the flowmaster system that was on the car when i bought it ... and quiet, if you like to silently stalk victims on the street;) lol

soounds real good. i know the aero chamber catback is like 100bucks more. you got a great deal for $279, real nice

Nah, Kirban's is just higher priced than Jegs or Summit for the Hooker cat back. Jegs is currently $290. Summit may be a little cheaper. I have never heard of there being 2 concurrent versions, Hooker just changed the included mufflers at some point 4 or more years ago.

Tom

yeah just like tminer said, kirban just charges more for some reason...:rolleyes: check summit or jegs