hooker catback exhaust guys

xsbc63x

he does anyone else with this exhaust have problems blowing it off like way too much backpressure? i have an issue with the car not building 20+ psi with the exhaust on, and tonight the exhaust blew off just after the downpipe at a wot burst, is this muffler too restrictive? or should i weld my jim dunn downpipe pieces together and see how that goes ?

FWIW - I made a few sprints @ 24 psi through mine last week - no issues. TA61, 2.5" ATR downpipe, and no cat.

FWIW - I made a few sprints @ 24 psi through mine last week - no issues. TA61, 2.5" ATR downpipe, and no cat.

what are you doing running around CA without a cat ;), all j0kes aside it may be possibly due to the pipe after the down pipe making a 90degree bend to go back, and just before the 90 both pipes come together with a band clamp. thats where it is blowing off. i could weld it together, but then im not sure how hard it would be to remove the downpipe

what are you doing running around CA without a cat ;), all j0kes aside it may be possibly due to the pipe after the down pipe making a 90degree bend to go back, and just before the 90 both pipes come together with a band clamp. thats where it is blowing off. i could weld it together, but then im not sure how hard it would be to remove the downpipe

Ooooohhhh, you mean a catalytic converter.........sure I have one of those....see

Cat.jpg

If your using a flat band clamp you might try a stepped 3" version, might work better without welding it up.

_YyS3PA8ELqnLBsteSRWrjJ3gKC8zs6mA3ghaTpUbJFXvuP1IKmEvcPrjfAZk_4af-c0TCG0Kh8jH2iht1MXyjOKhcNW4DuHR8Gww1S2Goa6tpVnpZzRz2-tBojFboiHppeRMocbr6ULmsFn1j5N8yVmLQ

I had no problems with my hooker cat back system with high boost. I did have a problem with it rusting out :rolleyes: I dont know if the alky coroded it or what ?

If your using a flat band clamp you might try a stepped 3" version, might work better without welding it up.

yea thats what i went with, ill see how this goes, thanks for the input guys!

Dave