Hooker Cat Back

Preston87GN

I know there are better systems out there but for the price I went with this. I have not installed this system yet(been sitting) but was wondering if this exhaust will have a mild or aggressive tone.

it definately has a mild tone..... nothing i would call aggressive. i love mine and it i think it has a little v-8 sound to it. i also don't have a cat so i would think it would be even more mild if you ran one.

They sound nice with the aerochamber mufflers. If you want aggressive only when needed put on one of our electric exhaust cutouts.:biggrin:

Knew I made this video for a reason:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuahkQeLcpA[/YOUTUBE]

Sounds loud/aggressive at first but notice when a plane flies over that the plane is much louder. You can hardly tell my car is running from a distance.

I've got the same exhaust setup as black metal and love it.

One thing we did do is rebuild the front part of the cat-back. The 3.5" DP goes into a 3.5" dump pipe, but the problem is the hooker cat-back flange is only something like 2.75" wide. We lopped off the piping just in front of the 2 into 1 and made a 3.5" flange swedged down to the dual 2.5's. If that makes sense? The exhaust now goes 3.5" into dual 2.5" with no restrictions. This really opened things up and changed the tone to a throaty sound.

thanks guys for the responses... and if I wanted a more aggressive sound which mufflers could I just switch out to but they sounded good in the video.

My exhaust, for comparison

I got the Torque Tech 2.5 cat back. I have the stock downpipe and test pipe. I used the Ultraflow duals and had the 2200 RPM drone. I pulled them off and had a stock location crossflow put on instead. Sounds like a V-8, but pulls like a V-6 :eek:
My .02

VERY mild. I just got mine last week and wish it was a lot louder and deeper in tone. Not much of a difference from stock at all.

Mine sounds good on my car. Definitely has a deeper tone since the THDP install. It came on the car so I see no reason to change it yet.

I had two hooker systems and what I found was the 1st system was ALOT deeper cause I had chrome tips about 18" on the ends(which turned black from all the rubber). The system I have now doesnt and its quiet! Both of em I used areo chambers.BOTTOM line if you want the hooker to sound deeper install tips(just dont do alot of burnouts:smile: ) I have the electric cutout thats good enough:D