? hook up a seventh injector

Turbo__Tim

One heck of a Tim!
Actually I'm hooking up a 'speed valve' for alchy injection. I assume that it would be safe to hook it up just like a seventh inj.?

I plan on running it off a hobb switch. Positive voltage through the hobb to the pulsing solenoid (speed valve), and the ground will tie into to the ground side of the injector.

If that's right, and that is all there is too it, does anyone know what pinout I could use instead of cutting into the harness? It looks like D-14 would work, if I'm reading the diagram correctly.

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/images/wiring_images/ecm_turbo.jpg

Why even connect to the injector harness? :confused:
Just use a good ground.
On the positive feed, use an ign hot positive source.

Just my two cents.

Gary

Thanks Gary I appreciate the reply. The reason I need the ground is that the speed valve is designed to pulse, i.e. to turn on and off with an injector thus minnicking fuel flow with rpm's. The positive side of the injector is always hot when the engine is running. It's the negative side that turns on and off, and is responsible for the pulse width.

I am hoping someone has hooked up a seventh injector in the same manner, and can tell me this is the way it is done.

Just looking for a little reassurance...:)

If you hook the speed valve up to trigger off of one fuel injector, does that mean that the speed valve only pulses when that injector is being pulsed? If that is the case, what happens when the other five are pulsing? Aren't you in essence only giving the motor only 1/6 of what it really needs:confused:

Nick

The ATR 7th just taps one of the original 6's signal. I am pretty sure that the 6 injector pulses overlap at anything over 16.7% (33.3%?) duty cycle anyway.

I also believe that Bruce Plecan was using an ATR 7th in his experiment to eliminate the intercooler. His change to the injector constant was 1/6 of the 7th's rate.

Tom

Thanks for the info guys. With alchy injection you only want a little bit, like 5 percent of the intake to be water, or a water/alchy mix.

One of the first things to do is to find how much the sppeed valve is capable of flowing at say 3500 rpm, for 12 seconds. Then take it from there.

Thanks again...