Hood Insulator

For one thing, if you are saying that I act like I know everything, thats not what I was trying to do. I just said that the one from the dealership is a 8 hole with no logo. You dont need to be a smart ass either. I was just saying what I was trying to get!!!!!!!!!

For one thing, if you are saying that I act like I know everything, thats not what I was trying to do. I just said that the one from the dealership is a 8 hole with no logo. You dont need to be a smart ass either. I was just saying what I was trying to get!!!!!!!!!

If you're speaking to me, just chill dude. I was only trying to point out an option. Who's trying to be a smart ass? By all means, get the 8 hole with no logo if it's what you want, but the good ones (9 hole/logo OEM stuff) are way pricey if you can even find one. You won't get too far for $175.

And also gmpartsdirect is a total of 210.00 with shipping!

the shipping part theres no getting around unless you can pick it up.
the point is it can be bought from any gm parts dealer for list plus sales tax , i never pay list even if i dont know the counter guy ..theres room to bargain , with your parts guy buddy connection if gmparts will sell it for 83 your buddy can move a little to make the sale

even if you find and purchase a 9 hole or an 8 hole w/logo your still going to have to deal with the ship charge

btw guys happy thanksgiving :smile:

If you're speaking to me, just chill dude. I was only trying to point out an option. Who's trying to be a smart ass? By all means, get the 8 hole with no logo if it's what you want, but the good ones (9 hole/logo OEM stuff) are way pricey if you can even find one. You won't get too far for $175.

No, I was not talking to you. I was just making sure that everyone knows that I was not trying to be a smart ass. Thanks for help, Mike

Attachments

• 25525977.JPG
    25525977.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 272
oops
i grabbed the first part # that came up in the search
thanks for posting the correct part #

<< they peel from the heat. several members have bought and used them and state they are junk. >>

I beg to differ.

If you don't install it as per the instructions then it won't perform as it should. You'll also have problems if you're running with an unshielded turbo, with headers that generate incredible heat, etc. It's made for stock applications and good to 225 F. In that other thread the plastic pin closest to the larger unshielded turbo failed and melted away. It discolored the liner I sent him and due to that pin failing it cracked. The 3M #80 adhesive did its' job and it remained in place with no failure. Notice that the heat resistant vinyl decal didn't fail. The owner realized the factors leading to what happened, which included using a larger-than-stock turbo that was unshielded.

I've made many liners for GNs that are still doing their job, as well as for Mustangs, Corvettes, Jaguars, Mercedes, etc. My 2 cars included, going on 3+ and 2+ years.

so has anyone purchased this hood insulator part # 12306178 and have a pic to show? i'd like to know if its all a flat surface and pressed in where it would say turbocharged of course w/o the logos that is, is it identical to the factory one except no logos ?