Hood Insulator

IMQUIK

Where can I get a New Hood Insulator? I can get one from the dearlership, but with no emblems.

Where can I get a New Hood Insulator? I can get one from the dearlership, but with no decals.

Where the decals on the hood insulator painted on or screened on? They look like they were painted.

Screened on. The 8hole one is on ebay right now 300 bones. That is as low as you will get for a new one

they have not been available from the dealer for years. i have a brand new 9 hole NOS but it will cost you more then double the 8 hole to own. OEM is a 9 hole. they were screened on and the 9 hole was discontinued in the late 80's. 8 holes are available on fleabay usually but are not OEM. although, they do have the same part number as the OEM 9 hole does. 9 holes are extremely rare.

Just talked to a friend of mine that works in the parts dept. at the gm dealership and he said that he could get me one for 175.00

Thanks, Yea 145 plus 45 shipping. Im getting one for 175 total.Thanks for your input.

Nos4gn.com has the 8 hole ones with the correct logos that's where i got mine it was in a box that a bull couldn't damage

Thanks, Yea 145 plus 45 shipping. Im getting one for 175 total.Thanks for your input.

dont you hate when someone tells they know it all

its going to be a plain hoodliner ..

as was posted , the original installed 9 hole w/logo was available at dealers through the 90s and really wasnt discontinued it was replaced by the 8 hole w/logo ... neither are available anymore from the dealer as the newest ones come without the logo , all have the same part # as they had since the beginning and were under 100 bucks through the dealer including the new one without logo

the part # is 12306178
and your dealership buddy is doing you a great deal (not really but you say so )
, gmpartsdirect shows the GM list price as 139.52 , and will sell them to you for 83.97 plus the ride

lol.... nothen like getten screwed when u think ur getten over. make sure you post pics of that thing when it arrives. u might want to check for that small little detail called a Buick logo b4 you get too excited thinken u scored something rare. cause that aint no bargin what hes sellen you even without the logo

Hey OP. I have an 87 FBI V8 twin turbo GNX Cutlass with Monte Carlo Aero Coupe back window for sale. I will make you a good deal. It is 1 of 1!

For what it's worth, I just went through this about 8 months ago. I ordered one from the dealership on the promise that it would have the logo. When it arrived it was blank, was told that it must have "slipped through" without being printed. When the second one came in blank I was told "sorry about that but since it's special order you own it". I had a unpleasant talk with the owner of the dealership and was finally given a refund. I promise, if you're getting if from GM, it is blank.