hood insulator wanted

CJTTA

Looking for hood insulator and installation caps for my TTA. It makes the engine compartment! Seems harder to find than aTHDP. Also the chrome MAF pipe and up pipe.

GM OEM is long gone, I got Carmotorsports.com's hoodliner and it looks great but is pricey .... I know Steve (TTA850) got a aftermarket type that fits and does the job but can't remember where he got it ... Steve??

The plastic retainers you can find at any car part store in the help section and I think GM still carries them ... the carmotorsports hoodliner came with some but they were slightly smaller and the push pin too long so would need to be vut before used, I just used new GM ones on mine. Hope this helps

GM OEM is long gone, I got Carmotorsports.com's hoodliner and it looks great but is pricey .... I know Steve (TTA850) got a aftermarket type that fits and does the job but can't remember where he got it ... Steve??

The Carmotorsports hoodliner is nice but, like Jan said is pricey. I was looking for a more stock look and purchased one from Youngs F-Body though I've heard nothing but horror stories about them and suppose I got lucky.

Here is the one I used on #124, I know it's not exactly the same as original but it looks very stock, fit good, and I like it :)

DSC0523801.jpg

I'd suggest purchasing from a different company like this one from ebay 82 92 TRANS AM 85 92 FIREBIRD HOOD INSULATION 84 86 88:eBay Motors (item 350195783726 end time Jun-27-09 05:29:52 PDT) It is the same one I used.

HTH,
Steve

The plastic retainers you can find at any car part store in the help section and I think GM still carries them ... the carmotorsports hoodliner came with some but they were slightly smaller and the push pin too long so would need to be vut before used, I just used new GM ones on mine. Hope this helps

I did not have to cut the car motorsports push pins. Maybe they changed them??

Jason

Looking for hood insulator and installation caps for my TTA. It makes the engine compartment! Seems harder to find than aTHDP. Also the chrome MAF pipe and up pipe.

You can get the chrome up pipe from ebay, seturbo, kirbans, ect. ect. or you can wait until I get a new one and buy mine. It's already drilled for alky as well.

Jason

Thanks for the pic Steve and the ebay address..........I just ordered one.

No problem, I have a bunch of pics from redoing #124 and learned alot about the quality of replacement parts that are out there (and where to get them from). Hopefully things will keep improving cause alot of whats out there now is not the greatest :(

Classic Industries has the one pictured above

I saw that when I ordered my wheels from them and tried to order it cause it was $20 less than what I paid but they didnt have it in stock at that time and couldnt tell me when (or if) they would get it again :( Looks like it's still out of stock

I bought one for my 92 Z28 not even a year ago and GM still had them. I don't know how different they were but I would have thought they were the same.

You can get the chrome up pipe from ebay, seturbo, kirbans, ect. ect. or you can wait until I get a new one and buy mine. It's already drilled for alky as well.

Jason
Jason,
I would like to have your up pipe and accessories, let me know when. What hoodliner did you get? I've seen your engine compartment twice and it's beautiful.

Thanks,
Clint

I bought one for my 92 Z28 not even a year ago and GM still had them. I don't know how different they were but I would have thought they were the same.

Doesn't look the same (these are not GM OEM):

'85-'92 Camaro:
G6837.jpg

'83-'92 Firebird:
F261.jpg