Hood Insulator Question

ALBERTAN

Resident Window Licker
I'm confused about some auctions I've seen on eBay. This ad says it is for a NOS GM Hood Insulator, but it is an 8 hole insulator. I thought all of the Turbo Buicks had 9 hole insulators, even though the ninth hole is not capped...like this one. Can someone sort this out for me? Also, what is a more realistic price on a 9 hole piece when they come up? Thanks.

9 hole is what they came with. GM quit making the 9 hole and then made the 8 hole standard. I bought a NOS 8 hole from Highway Stars (nos4gn) and Leslie explained it all to me. So the 9 holes are pretty rare since they quit making them a long time ago. As far as price its hard to say. I've seen some crazy prices on them.

Thanks for the link. I'm considering prepping my red D84 Limited to bring it to the Nats in the next year or two for judging. So I need a NOS 9 hole insulator. I would use one of the ones in the link on my other cars. None of them are that bad on any of my cars to be honest. But if I'm hauling it 4,000 miles to show it, I want it to show well. ;)

And yes, $1,900 plus shipping is insane for an insulator. But then this is the same guy that wants $4,500 for a NOS exhaust and $750 for floor mats. Probably why they've been up on eBay for months.