Honda VFR 800 interceptor gets walked.

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
Got up earley today and hit up two car shows before 9:00 AM. With the GN all shined up and looking good, I decided to take the coast back home. As I was turning right onto a long stretch of PCH, a crotch rocket was just leaving the light to my left. As I came around the corner and lined up next to him, we both went WOT at about the same time. The air temp was still cool out from the morning. I knew I had a aggressive tune on the car. My boost held steady at 23 lbs, while I slowly pulled away from the big bike. I new that I was well over a hundred mph when I glanced in my rear veiw mirror and saw him tucked down, five car lengths back and getting smaller. I know what my car can do in the 1/4 mile, and this should have been about a 10:60ish run at about 124 (had it been a full run with good 60'). After clicking em off, we both slowed to a stop at the next red light and exchanged pleasantries. He complemented me on my paint. I scaned the sides of his bike to see what learked under the fairing. I saw the wolds Honda, VFR, and Interceptor. The bike looked old, with cracks in the plastic and a chunk missing from the fairing just under the right hand grip. Most likely ground off from laying it down at high speed. The guy said that it was a 1998 model, and that it was a 800 cc. About this time, our light turned green. We gave each other a big thumbs up and went on our way.

Got back to my house ten minutes later. Checked my Directscan. (don't leave home without it:D) Data showed that I clicked it off at 112 mph. O2s were in the 790s. Got about 3 deg of KR at around 105 mph. Not sure how fast those bikes are, but I was glad that I had my "A" game on.:cool:

Happy spooling...

Mike Barnard

Here's a picture that I took of my car about a week ago, sporting my new aluminum GN rims.:cool:

008.jpg

Mike B.

PRICE
MSRP $9999
ENGINE
Type: l-c 90-deg V-four
Valve arrangement: dohc, 16v
Bore x stroke: 72.0mm x 48.0mm
Displacement: 781cc
Compression ratio: 11.6:1
Transmission: 6-speed
Final drive: #530 chain

CHASSIS
Frame: aluminum alloy twin spar
Weight: 557 lb. (wet)/522 lb. (fuel tank empty)
Fuel capacity: 5.8 gal.
Front: 43mm cartridge fork adjustable for spring preload
Rear: single shock adjustable
for spring preload and rebound dampingBrake, front: dual three-piston calipers, 296mm disc
Brake, rear: single three-piston caliper, 256mm disc
Tire, front: 120/70ZR17 Dunlop D204F
Tire, rear: 180/55ZR17 Dunlop D204K
PERFORMANCE
Horsepower: 99.1 @ 10,750 rpm
Torque: 54.2 ft.-lb. @ 8750 rpm
Corrected 1/4-mile*: 11.26 sec. @ 119.50 mph
0-60 mph: 3.37 sec.
0-100 mph: 7.80 sec.
Top-gear roll-on, 60-80 mph: 5.07 sec.
Fuel mileage (low/high/average): 25/45/34

we all know anyone can have a fast peice of machinery.. but the DRIVER can and will lose or win the race.

If it was that old and beat up probably out of tune so i would say a high 11 to a low 12 sec bike at best.. nontheless good kill, Hope you and the chicken are ready to take me on my new Toy Sporting a T78 Greddy Kit, dont worry to make it fair I will only run 19psi.. ;)

If it was that old and beat up probably out of tune so i would say a high 11 to a low 12 sec bike at best.. nontheless good kill, Hope you and the chicken are ready to take me on my new Toy Sporting a T78 Greddy Kit, dont worry to make it fair I will only run 19psi.. ;)

Will this race need to be on a dyno from a 40 mph roll?:rolleyes:

Mike B.

No need for a roll race, I got you and the chicken covered at only 19psi. ;)

Don't you think that you should AT LEAST get this car first, BEFORE you talk smack.

And, even "IF" you do get this thing, I'll let the Chicken take care of my light work. "IF" there's anything left of you after he gets done with you, I'll be happy to put you in my rear veiw mirror.;)

Happy spooling...

Mike Barnard

3 deg of knock at 105mph. What was the reason? you shouldn't be getting any knock with razors alky kit. 790's on the 02's. we need to get you setup with a powerlogger and a lc-1/plx so we can get a WB chip and get that car dialed in real well. direct scan is ok but tunning with 02's suck and we both know it. congrats on the beat down. i'm still keeping an eye out for the black beast when im on my 1000. ;)

Don't you think that you should AT LEAST get this car first, BEFORE you talk smack.

And, even "IF" you do get this thing, I'll let the Chicken take care of my light work. "IF" there's anything left of you after he gets done with you, I'll be happy to put you in my rear veiw mirror.;)

Happy spooling...

Mike Barnard

Wishful thinking mike, but its not going to happen. :biggrin:

PS:Talking smack because the deal is already done with the car. ;)

3 deg of knock at 105mph. What was the reason? you shouldn't be getting any knock with razors alky kit. 790's on the 02's. we need to get you setup with a powerlogger and a lc-1/plx so we can get a WB chip and get that car dialed in real well. direct scan is ok but tunning with 02's suck and we both know it. congrats on the beat down. i'm still keeping an eye out for the black beast when im on my 1000. ;)

I agree 100% on the powerlogger. Plan on it being my next mod. I allready welded a bung on my down pipe. Would like to get your opinion on different options.

I run a 3.73 gear with a 28" tall tire on my car for streetability and traction. This raises my rpm a bit for any given mph. This KR was at about 5800 rpms, and above peak torque. My "guess" is that this KR was picked up from valve train noise or somthing else. I'll PM you my phone number. Give me a call sometime.

Mike Barnard

Mike B.

Definitely a nice kill. Old and beat or not an 800 is nothing to scoff at. Besides that you were on his turf with a roll race.