Honda F4

pwr6kid

A few weeks back I went down to the local sonic for the Wednesday night get together. My buddy took his 99 FCR Vette and I took the Buick. After some food, a kid walks up and starts talking trash to my buddy about his bike vs. the Vette. A few minutes go by and the kid with the bike walks off, I ask what’s going on. My buddy told me that the guy is his sister in-laws husband and it was all joking since he knew him, but he wanted to race the Vette with his bike. I said to my buddy if you win with the Vette I’ll take a shot and race him. The Vette should be faster then my car, its all stock :cool:. The bike is a Honda f4 and the owner is 220 dressed. After being in to bikes I knew this was a carbureted bike. I have seen them run 11.4-11.0 with an ok to good rider,

2 weeks go buy and I get a call load up your slick the bike wants to run tonight. SO I did and went down to the sonic. After about 15-20 minutes of BS and a cherry lime aid, about six cars head out to our road to play. Once out there I pull out the VHT and start prepping the road. I did both lanes about 100’ out, and lost a shoe on my way back.

I turn on the gopro cam (too dark to see any thing on it after the race :mad:) Pull up and do a burn out and stage. The bike stages arms drop… the bike stalled. At this point i'm 30ft out and hit the brakes, back up to see if he wants to go again. So we both stage I hears his RPMs clime up much higher this time. Arms drop again, and i’m out 2-3 on him out the hole. Around the 600 ft mark I see I still have distance on him and he's not gaining! I’m in shock, I Look down at the scan master 11.2 afr and 0 kr at 26 psi. At this point I know bike start to pick up speed fast. I’m waiting to see a bike fly by me. 1000ft mark still no bike! I check my rear view mirror and he is 4-5 bike lengths back and not catching up at all. I expected him to come around me at this point. Finally the ¼ mile marker passes I hit the brakes and the bike comes by me after 2-3 seconds on the brakes.

So we turn around and head back to the starting line to talk about the race. Once back and parked, I asked what happened. Thinking he missed a gear bogged the launch, some thing. To my surprise he said that felt like his best pass on the bike and had no reasons why he lost. I asked him how far out I was on him. He said I had 3-4 bike lengths but he was pulling up to me. I didn’t now expect to win this race, but I knew it was going to be close. After shaking hands we watched the next race The Vette vs. an all wheel Mitsubishi 3000 gt with (claimed) twin gt28 turbos on 16 psi. Vette won by 3-4 cars. You could hear the Vette toying with him till half track :p. on the way back to sonic the bike lost in a roll race too 40-100.

So in the end GM/Buick:2 imports:0 not bad for a Wednesday night.

I thought you were serious when you said all stock! Good kill! More details on mods?

Thanks
ZNix

Oh yes, I got that shoe back they are brand new. lol

My car is a te44, alky, Precision fmic, true 2800 stall, supporting fuel mods, 3.5 dp with cut out, on 28” slicks, 218/218 cam and stock untouched heads. As for the Vette I can’t really say since he is supper secretive about what it has. I can say it has 3” header back strait pipe exhaust, but you wouldn’t know it buy the sound. I have a good idea what he has done but since I wasnt there to help for a few parts its all guesses. He likes to be as sneaky as he can be and has done very well. Its an N/A car.

Me thinks ;) you should throw some ported heads and a port matched intake on there and it'll really wake up. Made a huge difference on mine....
Loved the difference the roller cam made too...

Meanchicken, your a bad influance! :biggrin: I took your advice, sent my spare heads and intake out to get ported this morning. Roller cam is about a year out.