Holy crap!!! YEEEEHHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!

FJM568

I cannot believe how much better my car runs with the TB on the pressure side!!! Almost no lag and it just flat out flies!!! I'm only at 15-16# of boost right now on 92 oct and a Joe Lubrant low timing street chip...I can't imagine what it'll feel like with the race chip, more octane and more boost...:eek:

hehehe...That pvc piping looks like hell, but I think if I paint it black, it'll camoflage it some...:p

If anyone wants some pics of the new setup, reply here in this thread with your email address and I'll try to send some pics out soon(after I paint the pvc piping ;) )

Next up, the track!!! :D :cool:

Jeez, you sound pretty excited! Good for you.

Sounds like you haven't had a chance to put the car on the track yet, to quantify your results. We'd all be interested when you do. But in the meantime, if you can, please send some pics.

My email is: waynebachar@msn.com

Many thanks!

Hey Jim glad to hear IT'S ALIVE, shoot me some PICS I would like to see it I think some of us are going to Hooters SAT. maybe see you there, I bought some mandrell bend tubes from napa might try there, Later, Larry

Congrats !!!!

I'm glad to hear that it's running and running awesome........

Hey guy's when it comes to these finicky turbo buicks, I don't know anyone who knows them better than Jim......
He's been nice enough to help me out with my 87 WE4, should have her up and running over the week end.............

Jim, what tires did you end up with???? The turbo did come in today but no one was home to accept it.. I'll get it tomorrow.

See ya Saturday!!!

Phil

Hey Phil, I was wandering how yours was doing, whats this about a turbo?, hope your luck is getting better, maybe you can make it sat. too

Aw shucks, Phil...Thanks for the vote of confidence, but you may want to wait until AFTER we get your car back together!!! :eek: ;) :D

I ended up getting the BFG Advantage GT...235/60-15...Only got two of them though...Gonna wait until I get back to work later this month and then go out and get the ones I really wanted(the Radial TA's, Sam's Club would have to order them in) after I get some cash flow coming back in...

Oh BTW...for those of you that haven't heard yet...I got recalled to work from being laid off!!! :D Start back again on the 28th...I got laid off at the end of Dec 2001...

Hopefully, when we get Phil's car back together Sat, maybe in time to go to Hooter's Sat night...I'll definately be in my ratty looking, gray faded black GN :rolleyes:

I have heard something about test-n-tune out at Heartland Park in Topeka tomorrow night for like $10 from like 5-10pm...Gonna have to check into that...But will have to see about maybe if KCIR still has the Friday night grudge racing...Most like will go there...

Isnt it great when things actually come out the way you planned them too? Glad to hear the positive results. Curious to see this monster, if you dont mind shoot me over some of those pics too Jim. Thanks.

j62king@hotmail.com

Congrads Jim....
It took a lot of "BLOOD:mad:, SWEAT:confused:, and TEARS :D ", but after the first test drive:cool: , it was worth it. Hey dude, shoot me some pix also. keep up the good work...

cmccray@officemax.com
Chuck MCCray

Hey FJM568 and cool 84

It would be nice if both "HOT AIR Intercooled combos" were written up and pix posted on the gnttype.org. This just proves that all TURBO REGALS (GN-T TYPES) are not the same, but any creative BUICK owner can create GREAT results. Both combos took different paths, but both achieved similar result... FAST CARS:D . Jim.. I now wonder how much would your car NOW dyno with the TB change? Hey Cool 84, what is the latest on your "HOT ROD"?

Guy Keep Up the GREAT WORK!!!!!:cool:

Chuck MCCray

I would like to do a write up but not until I get a real track time. Shooting for deep 10s but I'm not willing to put a cage in the car just yet. Suspension is done, shortblock is done, just waiting for me to pull it all together. I'm especially going for the sleeper image. Added another 3" pitbull muffler in place of the cat, took the tach out, added a shift light behind a vent so it's only visible when lit, the only guage is the boost guage and I'm going to probably move it down by the dash so no one sees it. Hopefully it will be as quiet or quieter than stock and look bone stock besides the engine compartment. The Ford intercooler is so big that most people would mistake it for a radiator when looking through the grill. I can't wait to get back into the scene and take money from unsuspecting people.

Track times...

Well, I went to the track last night...

My best time was a 13.619 @ 105.51 w/open dump

Now, before I hear WTF's, I just want to say it was a last minute decision to go, and I already had a full tank of 92 oct in the car already...So no race gas for me last night...I ran it just the way I drive it on the street...A low timing(I think it's an 18* chip, will check later today) Joe Lubrant chip, 15-16# boost, TA-51 turbo, CC206/206 cam, and street tires and some other stuff that I'm forgetting...Was having some problems with IC connections leaking, and really not having it tuned in...Right now, with the way my throttle linkage is set up, it ends up running right over the top of the fuel rail shrader valve, so it is nearly impossible to make any accurate fuel pressure changes(And right now, I don't exactly know what fuel pressure I'm running due to making a turn on the adj reg. while watching the scantool, so you're guess is as good as mine ;) , initially before the TB relocation, it was set at about 44# on the initial startup when I got the car running again, so with the adj., I'm *probably* at about 42# right now)...

Also, my wastegate rod is too long(can't shorten it up any more(will fix that soon)...But I will say, that I wasn't getting any knock at all on the runs...Wasn't getting any traction, either feathering it off the line or getting wheelspin and letting off and then back in it...

So, all in all, kind of disappointed, but then again, kind of not, considering it was on pump gas, a low timing chip and low boost and almost no tuning...

edit...BTW, as soon as I get pics taken, I will be sending them out...