Holy crap!!! YEEEEHHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Re: Track times...

Originally posted by FJM568
Well, I went to the track last night...

My best time was a 13.619 @ 105.51 w/open dump

Now, before I hear WTF's, I just want to say it was a last minute decision to go, and I already had a full tank of 92 oct in the car already...So no race gas for me last night...I ran it just the way I drive it on the street...A low timing(I think it's an 18* chip, will check later today) Joe Lubrant chip, 15-16# boost, TA-51 turbo, CC206/206 cam, and street tires and some other stuff that I'm forgetting...Was having some problems with IC connections leaking, and really not having it tuned in...Right now, with the way my throttle linkage is set up, it ends up running right over the top of the fuel rail shrader valve, so it is nearly impossible to make any accurate fuel pressure changes(And right now, I don't exactly know what fuel pressure I'm running due to making a turn on the adj reg. while watching the scantool, so you're guess is as good as mine ;) , initially before the TB relocation, it was set at about 44# on the initial startup when I got the car running again, so with the adj., I'm *probably* at about 42# right now)...

Also, my wastegate rod is too long(can't shorten it up any more(will fix that soon)...But I will say, that I wasn't getting any knock at all on the runs...Wasn't getting any traction, either feathering it off the line or getting wheelspin and letting off and then back in it...

So, all in all, kind of disappointed, but then again, kind of not, considering it was on pump gas, a low timing chip and low boost and almost no tuning...

edit...BTW, as soon as I get pics taken, I will be sending them out...

Here is the fun part! 105 mph is a 12 sec 1/4 mile.. You will get better times with slicks....15-16lbs of boost with a (92 octane) low timing chip could actually be turned up to 20-21lbs (turboBLUE 108). With your current minor problem:D , I would bet the FARM:cool: , you have yourself a 12:00/11.90 HOT AIR Intercooled Car.

Again Congrads...

Chuck MCCray

want pictures

Can hardley wait for pictures, please send , to see if I can do the same thing. Am sure glad it all worked out for you. Tony my e-mail is gntony@yahoo.com

I just ran 12.70's at 106.69 mph non intercooled. What were your 60 foots. Mine were 1.98 so I think if I get it too hook I'm at 12.5 and still have a lot more boost to go plus the alcohol. I had 110 with Red's race chip so that also helped. But you have the mph I think traction was your issue. You will get there. I've been working for over a year for this. It's great when your beating some of the intercooled set ups. LOL

Here are the stats from that 105 mph pass...

R/T....... 1.138 :rolleyes: (was concentrating and trying to get a decent 60')
60'....... 2.342 didn't happen!!! :p
330'..... 6.009
1/8....... 8.953
MPH......83.90
1000'..... 11.482
1/4.........13.619
MPH.......105.51

On that 60', I was powerbraking until just about when the tires would break loose, but when I let off the brake to go, the tires broke loose, so I backed out and eased back into it...Then stood on it... :D

Might take some pics tomorrow...Making a list...Will probably do a cc to everyone at the same time...

I fyou could send me some pics of your set up I would appreciate it. ecmotorsports @ hotmail.com
Thank You.

I usually power brake up to 10# of boost then it starts to push through the beams. I see you lost it in your 60 foot, that would of been a 1.7 you would of had a 12.5. What sea level is the track at, also makes a difference. This was a 75 degree day so I think a little cold would of helped. What tires you running. We have 1.78 on stocker before, but that only worked once, then the tires just went a way. Your mph is there so you are making much progress. Get some traction and then hit the track again. A little 110 would do wonders as well with a race chip, heck you mph should go up just from that alone.

Track is at around 1000'-1200' ASL...not too sure...It was about 70 deg out...I was running BFG Advantage GT tires 235/60-15...brand new, only had maybe 100 miles on them...Didn't really want to do a burnout and waste them, considering I'm still not back at work from being laid off...But got called back and start back at the end of the month...As for the fuel, I thought I did mention that going to the track was a last minute decision and had already filled the gas tank up with 92 oct earlier in the day...Also, I probably only had 300 miles on a new cam(CC206/206)...

The more I think about it, the more I think that it really isn't that bad of a time on a low timing chip and 92 oct pump gas and 16# boost...

Yeah you mentioned the octane and last minute. I just was saying.. The mph says it all. I think you have a pretty quick car on your hands once you add a couple of things, which will come with time and a paycheck. Take care.

105 on pump gas is good mph!

fwiw,i went 12.84 @ 105 w/1.88 60' yesterday.

best of the day was 12.58 @ 107 w/1.78 60'.

later,sean