holley systems

There are a few out there. I have one for my car. Should be running game in a month or 2.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

There is a very reputable tuner by me but I'm going to do it myself.

A good friend of mine has it on his street race car. Multiple nitrous stages and traction control. Tables are very easy to use.

I bought my original hp system back yesterday and am installing it today on my new gn. I am building the car for tsm and using a dizzy with the stock crank sensor. I had this same setup in my trans am. The best system out there IMO. The data logging is unbelievable and the boost control is the easiest I have ever used.

Doesn't seem like there is much support for TBs with the Holley at this point.

They have good tech support. Also shouldn't be too hard to find a local tuner.

If your looking for a plug and play setup like a xfi, this is not your system. There are no plug and play harnesses for the Buick or adapters to plug in the factory harness. This system will run almost anything out there and has very user friendly software. I will imagine that once somebody in the Buick community goes fast with one, people will start jumping into a Holley.

I bet it doesn't become popular unless caspers or someone makes a harness. Most people in this community want stuff that plugs and plays or bolts right on and starts right up without having to read a manual or learn something new.

By "support" I meant plug and play harnesses and TB specific tuners.

Kevin, can a flexfuel sensor be fitted to one like a fast? not a question to wonder which box is better - wondering about the system being able to do it.

Holley don't use it. I think the xfi only uses that sensor to change the air/fuel but I might be wrong. They are expensive last time I looked, like $600ish for a new one. I don't think gm uses them anymore either.

Last edited:
They are not quite $300.. ok.. good to know thanks... good option for someone looking for a new system or something different...

Holley don't use it. I think the xfi only uses that sensor to change the air/fuel but I might be wrong. They are expensive last time I looked, like $600ish for a new one. I don't think gm uses them anymore either.

The XFI uses the flex fuel sensor, to adjust the fueling needs of the engine based on the ethanol content. It will allow a user to run a mixture of gasoline when the alternative fuel isn't available

I bet it doesn't become popular unless caspers or someone makes a harness. Most people in this community want stuff that plugs and plays or bolts right on and starts right up without having to read a manual or learn something new.

I may know someone that can make such....:shifty:
He would need some schematics, [I have the Buick], and some dimensions, etc.

I just removed the Old Classic FAST Bank to Bank on the Bustang....

Going with a 4L80E and the Holley Dominator System.
You need to order the 558104 Harness for it and terminate the ends to your sensors. (all standard GM stuff)
You can run the Smart Coils so you are coil on plug.
The 558312 Harness is for the Smart coils. (Being sold in the next week)
You can control all transmission,Boost,Engine,Their own Meth injection which is very nice and progressive
Datalog it all on one. It's better at holding AFR's than the FAST and is easier to use.
If you add up all the stuff you'd need to do what the Holley system can do you'd be way over the cost of this one system.
I doubt they are going to make a Buick harness.... It's a engine/car that just isn't popular anymore.... and is shrinking every year.
Making the 558104 harness isn't a big deal. Should only have 3-4hrs in laying the wires out and putting connetors on them.
Hope that helps,
Scott~

BustangDW2.jpg

Newbie ???
Where would one install a flex sensor, in a stock tank application? [TR tank]
I read that entire thread.......Interesting to say the least.:D

I think the return line would be a good place