Holden LS2

Kevin Turch

Anyone know what these are, we got 9 of them into work tonight. All aluminum, going to AUS. Big ass TB too :)

These were just the motors

Said on the tag

LS2 Holden Canada

Which is where these motors were built

take pictures!!!!!!!!!!

the ls2 is supposed to be the replacement for the ls1 ...theres like an ls7 too ...

email me if you get pictures

Yes LS2 will take the place of the LS1 and have the same power as a LS6. The LS6 will be replaced by the LS7 which is one pissed engine I have yet to Dyno one but I'am waiting.

Burnout

Probably australia, i've seen australian super touring races on speed vision, it's holdens vs ford falcons(taurus).

LS2 motors

Info on the LS2 ,Holden and GTO from GM news release:

GM News - Inside Scoops from INTENSS
Posted by Ed FvC [no comments]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INTENSS sends this in: Ok...here is some more info I've obtained from relaibale sources on the near future of GM. Some things you might already know...some will be brand new to you In the meantime, Pontiac will sell the V-8-powered 2004 Pontiac GTO coupe, which is built in Australia and based on the current-generation rwd Holden Monaro. The GTO goes on sale in November. GM big kahuna Bob Lutz recently stated that the 2004 Pontiac GTO will have 2 engine choices; an LS1 with "360+ hp" and a "405+ hp LS6." Very nice indeed.
The base engine, dubbed LS2, will be based off the
current LS6. It will retain its 400+hp status and OHV layout. Expect improved
fuel economy, and performance (mostly due to the reduced weight). The strange
part comes strait out of aviation history books. The high performance version
of the C6 (possibly still named Z06) will be powered by a new generation of
cam-less engine. That's right, electronically actuated valves. Not only will
this give the HP version of the C6 infinite valve timing, but close-to, if
not north-of 500hp.

The CTS will have a CTSv version next year ('04) that will debut the Gen IV Chevy Small block. The engine will be a new generation of LS2 motors. The displacement will be 5.3L as opposed to the suspected 5.7L displacement. HP figures will be in excess of 340hp.

The C6 Corvette will be the next vehicle to get the LS2 motor in all C6 Vettes. A 6.3L version will also see its way in a 05-06 Vette. Additionally, a year after launch, the C6 Vette's styling will be changed subtely due to Bob Lutz's tastes.

The Grand Prix WILL get a V8 between its FWD fenders in 2 years. HP figures will be 280hp.

The slow-to-market SSR pick-up truck/roadster will hit the pavement next year with a 5.3L version of the LS1 (currently found in trucks). Instead of the believed to be 280hp version...the SSR will have 330 ponies on tap.

That is all for now.....

-Rich
Your GM news resource....

:) Alan