Hockey Fans

Lots of good hockey to watch. Tonight's games will be even better.

I believe Philly is a real 'threat' to knock out Washington. (Though in my bracket I picked Washington to advance). They play a very hard physical style, and many of the hits are borderline questionable. They can play 'rock'em sock'em' for 10 minutes and wait for Washington to lose their cool and take a retaliation Penalty. They you get to Mix in the skill with Simmons and Giroux on the power play. Wash, rinse, repeat. Washingtons' PP is even more fierce with OV at the dot, but if he is one of the Caps who loses his cool, that PP looks a lot less lethal.

To me the X factor in the series is the death of the Philly owner. Everything I read about this guy says he sincerely cared about the players who were on the team. Even well after they had gone from the team. Believe me, I hate the Flyers, but In 2014 the Penguins were up 3-1 over the Rangers...the series was in the bag. Then the mother of Martin St Louis died, and it galvanized that team. I couldn't believe how different that team started to play. The Rangers ended up winning that series in 7 games and went on to make it to the Stanley cup final. If Philly has that kind of motivation, Washington could have their hands full. And if Philly knocks out Washington, look out everyone else.

The Kings vs Sharks series I think is going to be the best of the first round. I am glad the times are later so I can be assured of being able to watch them hehe.

I typically expect the home team to win the first game so good for the Isles and Sharks last night. As everyone expected Dallas kicked the you know what out of the adjectives.
I didn't get to watch the Philly game but looking at the shot attempts it seems that the second power play the Caps had really got them going plus the goal right after. Philly just kind of went flat after that. Those penalties in the third didn't help anything either.

Yeah Philly looked bad. They had 3 straight powerplays in the first and didn't convert any. After that Washington took over. Holtby was a beast. Things boiled over at the end of the game. No love between those two teams. The Dallas game was a snoozer. Florida vs Islanders was pretty entertaining. Panthers woudl get a goal, then the Islanders woudl tie it up. Happened 3 times, then NY took the lead for good. THe kings/Sharks game lived up to the hype.

Man I love the playoffs.

SJ LA was also back and forth the last minute push by LA was epic but the Sharks held them off.

I'm a happy girl, both my teams won woohoo. Of course again I miss everything with my work schedule but I did watch the highlights and the Isles and Sharks didn't disappoint. Those were some good games. Flyers didn't come to play at all. And I did expect more of a fight with the Rangers btw... Was surprised.

Isles need to get their shit together in game 2. They are playing sloppy and need to settle down.

Sent from my Spaceship.

One more goal... if they went to OT they had a chance because the Panthers were getting tired.

Sent from my Spaceship.

Ouch, botched save by Mason. That will be a topic in the post game.

Sent from my Spaceship.

Pen's...and yes I was born and raised in NY..lol:whistle:

Looks like the caps took a page from the flyers play book what a physical series!

Of course the Islanders would play like crap.... Will see what happens and what else I end up breaking if they lose again, lol.

Washington is really hot... Flyers I don't think will pull that off.

Sharks are looking good.

Wow, the Flyers are really falling apart and not looking classy doing it. Islanders showed lots of heart in that last game, Minnesota too. Nashville looking very strong. I soft spot for them. Love that city and that arena. They deserve to make some noise in the playoffs I think.

Flyers? Not classy? No, say it ain't so! Lol! I had them as a dark horse this year but they're looking more like a dead horse at this point. My for year old picked the Caps to win this round so I should've known.

Maybe a little reverse psychology ??

The Flyers are Done. They looked totally defeated last night. (Aside from Being totally defeated). They will be lucky to score another goal, let alone win a game !