Hobbs Switch

C-RAID

Has anyone heard of using a MAP sensor in place of the Hobbs switch for a digital dash? Digging through the wires today, I found a MAP sensor sitting where the Hobbs switch should be. The connector for the Hobbs switch is just sitting there, and the MAP sensor is connected through the harness. I can't find a MAP sensor in a diagram anywhere in that location. Thank you in advance for any help.

analog dashes use the map sensor to supply signal for the indash led boost gauge
digital cars use a hobbs switch for the turbo boost light

the engine harness are the same for analog and digital
the dash harnesses are different

the map sensor needs 5v and a ground which is provided for in the analog dash by the tach/ boost module in the gauge cluster through the analog dash harness

the digital dash harness doesnt support the map sensor (because it doesnt need it) but the map connector can be made functional with some jumpers from the tps sensor (done either in the engine bay or at the ecm )

you dont need a map sensor unless
---you have an analog dash and want the boost gauge to work ( and to be accurate needs a 2BAR MAP can read to 15psi boost)
----you have alkycontrol alky injection (needs a 3BAR MAP , can read to 30psi boost)
---you have a map based chip setup like ME-R or MAFPRO (mafless) (can be a 3bar for up to 30psi )
---you have an aftermarket ecu like FAST or DFI (can use a 3bar MAP or 3.5bar for 37psi or even a 5 bar map for up to 60psi)
or if you have a data logger like powerlogger to log boost