Hmm...placement of door jamb decal and radiator decal??

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
Ok, Are the placement of these kind of random?
Just got #486 home and noticed the PAS door decal is below the factory decal on one car, and is above on the other.

Yellow radiator decal is in different places as well.

Pics below:

TTop-doorlabel.jpg

Hardtop-doorlabel.jpg

Hardtop-radlabel.jpg

Ttop-radlabel.jpg

Where are yours?

Ok, Are the placement of these kind of random?
Just got #486 home and noticed the PAS door decal is below the factory decal on one car, and is above on the other.

Yellow radiator decal is in different places as well.

Hi to 2QUIK6,

My PAS door jam sticker is different from both of your pics. It is above the stock sticker but it is vertical with PAS at the top left hand corner. Another words, the top line is closer to the interior and you read it top to bottom. The radiator sticker is the same as your 2nd pic. I would have to guess that the PAS sticker was placed random by hand due to the low production number. The radiator sticker is common on all F bodies so I can see why the location could change. Don't forget that these cars came to PAS already produced at GM and the only unique stickers are the PAS ones. I really don't think it matters much since these cars became none collectable a long time ago. Hey! there was over 50K Grand Nationals made over a 4 year period and they still bring more money than the TTA on the bidding block.:confused:

My car has Pas on the bottom like your second pic, and the radiator sticker is like your second pic of the radiator as well, spaced futher from the right side.

Uh oh Rob! You got another car in the stable! Cool find that you were able to get a hard top cloth 89 TTA!

John Martin

Rob, first congrats on the hardtop/cloth; glad to see it ended up in a good new home where it will be properly looked after ... Next time out in Dallas I have to stop by and take a proper look at it :)

Second pictures of both stickers seems to be the most common ... the first picture have shown up on a number of TTA's however seems to be less common placement.

I doubt there were any templates what so ever for these stickers, just rough location I suspect.

Also for the PAS driver door sticker I would presume these were put on @ the PAS facility in City of Industry CA and the GM one at their Van Nuys CA assembly plant. But hope to get this confirmed when were out in Ohio for the reunion next year.

Uh oh Rob! You got another car in the stable! Cool find that you were able to get a hard top cloth 89 TTA!

John Martin
Yeah, got 6 cars crammed into 5 slots, got to have a TA super sale one of these days, or open a TA car lot :)

Rob, first congrats on the hardtop/cloth; glad to see it ended up in a good new home where it will be properly looked after ... Next time out in Dallas I have to stop by and take a proper look at it :)

Second pictures of both stickers seems to be the most common ... the first picture have shown up on a number of TTA's however seems to be less common placement.

I doubt there were any templates what so ever for these stickers, just rough location I suspect.

Also for the PAS driver door sticker I would presume these were put on @ the PAS facility in City of Industry CA and the GM one at their Van Nuys CA assembly plant. But hope to get this confirmed when were out in Ohio for the reunion next year.
Thanks for the info Jan, sure shoot me a msg next time you're in town! I hope to make it up to Ohio for the Reunion, just kind of in the planning stages at this point, just getting back from a long car haul trip, I'm not looking forward to doing another one at the moment. Right now I would say heck no...but we'll see.

WOW! A hard top cloth eh? Truly an incredible find. No matter what you paid, you are to be congratulated. Well done!
I see that you are in Dallas, I'm in Houston, maybe we will hook up some day.

WHOA ROB!!!! I've got to go for a ride in that hard top car. I hear the ride is like night and day from the ttop.

And mark that as another TTA in the DFW area. After the one I found at RAC performance and your new acquisition that makes 9 or 10.

Nice score! If only I had the room! :D I hope you Texas boys get those TTA's up to the reunion in Ohio next year! If your a TTA owner/enthusiasts it's going to be a once in a life time event for these cars no matter how you slice it up. An event like this has never happened before and I'm sure it won't happen again anytime soon in our life time. Especially with the special guest we have coming! Plus you can meet Jan Larrson! He'll be there for the weekend as well. It's going to be a great time bringing some great friends together!

I found some shots of my stickers on my TTA's door. I think these things landed wherever the guys hand landed them back then. Here they are....

Attachments

• 2-4-05-029.jpg
    2-4-05-029.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 200
WHOA ROB!!!! I've got to go for a ride in that hard top car. I hear the ride is like night and day from the ttop.

And mark that as another TTA in the DFW area. After the one I found at RAC performance and your new acquisition that makes 9 or 10.

The LSPBC has 10 slotsfor the autorama coming up in feb. There is a good chance that there may be 3 TTAs there. And maybe a few more birds if the Buick folks don't get there cars in and fill up all the slots :)

Plus you can meet Jan Larrson! He'll be there for the weekend as well. It's going to be a great time bringing some great friends together!

We already met a couple of years back and had 4 or was it 5 TTAs there and some good ol Texas BBQ :) Have to do it again and yes defiantly catch up at the Ohio gathering next year !!

please remember - i get dibs on the '79 if it ever happens ;)

Ah ho Ty, looks like you have some competition :eek: There's someone else wanting the big bird..... Ty has been hounding me for years for that car :)

Ah ho Ty, looks like you have some competition :eek: There's someone else wanting the big bird..... Ty has been hounding me for years for that car :)

We go back YEARS on this conversation, if you dont give me first chance I will show up at your Halloween Party dressed as John Holmes/Nelson Rockerfellar and take your woman lol :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

We go back YEARS on this conversation, if you dont give me first chance I will show up at your Halloween Party dressed as John Holmes/Nelson Rockerfellar and take your woman lol :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Hmmm...I could get rid of the car, have cash in pocket, and no more .... oh I better not finish that thought :D