Hit the 10's yesterday!!!

Doug Jacobson

Altitude Compensated
Well after getting kicked off the track last year I spent the winter putting a roll bar in along with everything else to make it 10 second legal Moser axles C-clip eliminators and spool and 28x10.5 slicks.
I also had great help from Kevin Slaby (KEVINS) on the rear suspension by telling me where to relocate the control arms to. I made brackets to lower the upper and lower front mounting points.

Off the trailer at 24 psi I ran an 11.16 @ 120 -1.56 60', besting last years time of 11.23 @ 121 with a 1.69 60'

I continued to tune it and ended up with a 10.84 @123.8 1.52 60' having a total of 5 of my 7 runs in the 10's. The car is now tuned to the max running 48 psi of fp and 32 psi the car is running 120% injector PW and is still getting O2's in the 720 mv range at the big end. All of the 60' times were in the 1.5 second range, pulling the front about 10" for about 10' then settling in for a super smooth run straight and no tire squirm I was used to having the slicks at 12 psi.

Just thought I'd share my excitement

Great times.....

32 psi:eek: WOW, that's a LOT of boost!!! Keep going and pretty soon you'll be running between 35 and 40lbs like Orlando;) :D BTW, how much boost were you launching with?

Hey Doug Im gonna be in Lincoln TUes-Thurs, can I come by and see it, sounds like a BAD A$$ combo, I would love to meet some of you Lincoln guys?

Email me private!!

times

wow, GREAT times with just some well thought out bolt on parts. good JOB !! it's nice to hear about things like this with proper tuning.

John C.
LedSLED Motorsports

this is with a PTE-52! That is awesome for such a little turbo.

Instaspool..... :). Great MPH too....

Dats a lotta boost!

GNX7

CONGRATULATIOS!!!!!!

Wow is all I can say.............32psi? You have guts & I'm always amazed at proper tuning result!!

Had to write this one....................Rob :D

I beleive these times were still at 21* of timing also... Correct me if I'm wrong Doug...

ks

Originally posted by strikeeagle
Doug,

Shouldn't 32 PSI and ported heads would equate to 10.3 to 10.4???

Probably not with a little turbo. He would probably be way out of the efficiency range and pumping really hot air.

Is that with a stock cam as well? Regardless, excellent job Doug!
It looks like its time for more injector. What are you running for fuel pump.
After seeing pics of Doug's car last year, I can attest that it does not look like a race car. You can eat off of his engine :)

Steve,

'Splain??? To my thinking, if you're pumping 32 PSI through a set of ported heads with no KR that equates to a certain HP. That HP together with the car's weight yields a certain ET/Speed.

If the 52 was "running hot" and there was KR, then yes, the car would slow down. But if there was no KR (i.e. the car still has head gaskets)...

I hate to invoke the Tim Stockwell experience for fear of further unsettling the markets, but Tim ran a 10.76 with mega-boost and stock heads.

:)

On the 50's note I guess they will go 10's but barely like we all say. As for the 50's running with FP over 70 PSI I guess that mystery is gone, or is it?

Doug,

Did they lock up or do anything funny (48+32=80)?

I ran 26 psi with the 50's at 50 lbs static pressure. The time is in my sig. I had plenty of fuel left over, just could turn the WG up any more, I have a double pumper also.