High volume Oil pump/front cover issues.

same here with factory "earl brown cover mods and 5-30 oil 20 lbs hot idle in gear

I have ported 5 covers & sold 2 to friends. Done with Earl brown mods on stock covers. I get 20 lbs hot idle after a pass with 15-40 oil & closer to 25 when hot but not right after a track pass. 20 lbs is not asking for too much on a tight engine & good cover

my crappy oil pressure on a fresh rebuild was due to using a HV front cover that wasn't flat and was seeping oil from the corner where the block, cover, and oil pump met. After machining 6 thousandths off the cover to make it flat, hopefully it will raise that up a bit. This is what happens when 10 year old Chinese children are paid to make parts that need to be made by CNC machines.

If they cant clearance teh oil pump then how about the mains, lifter preload, etc.
RIP what is your oil psi? You do have a gauge right?

If they cant clearance teh oil pump then how about the mains, lifter preload, etc.
RIP what is your oil psi? You do have a gauge right?

No, he needs a Mechanical Guage (thats what I prefer) before any further help can be given as I said in my PM to him. Fresh build so some bearing clearance numbers wouldnt hurt either so we have an idea of what to start with here. Post up & we will help you out!
Also what lifters are used? They make a difference in noise Level.

Update!!! Ok so I hooked up the oil gauge.. Idle sits at 17 psi and when I give it gas it goes up to 40-50 psi... I changed the oil and the **** was like water! Put 10w-40 in the car and warmed up at idle it's like 22-24psi.. Lifter noise is still there but a hell of a lot quieter... I'm assuming they might not have been put in right...

The motor was built by someone else who does buick motors.. Lonnie dyers? Sp? My friend knows him and that's where the car is from also.

Why don't you take it back to lonnie,from everything I have read on him he is very well respected and very knowledgeable.JMHO

Kevin

He rebuilt the bottom end and sold it to my friend...it was a friends motor and car that I bought it from... These heads are not from him..he did not assemble the car or put this fresh motor in the car... Car runs great and has good oil pressure.. I just think the lifters I bought are junk... I went the cheap route and didn't go GM.. The car runs amazing no leaks nothing and looks like it's not even running it's so smooth.