High Switch on Blower motor doesn't work

trbodon21

My blower motor seems to work fine until I switch it to the high spped. As soon as I do this it cuts off whether I am using the AC, Heater, or Vent. What would cause this?

Try blower relay first, but mine happend to be the switch contacts burning out. I had to replace the fan speen switch in the control panel. Not too hard, just a PITA to get to. The blower relay is a small retangular unit (1" x 2") with a harness going into it by the blower motor. HTH
John

Blower high speed.

Go over by the blower motor and look for a 4 wire plug that will be hidden next to or close by the antenna plug, it has a RED wire in it, check it with a test light for power on both sides of the plug, if only 1 side has power just unplug it and clean the connection, the bad connection keeps the blower from working on the high side.

TurboT231 said:
Go over by the blower motor and look for a 4 wire plug that will be hidden next to or close by the antenna plug, it has a RED wire in it, check it with a test light for power on both sides of the plug, if only 1 side has power just unplug it and clean the connection, the bad connection keeps the blower from working on the high side.

Did a search and THANK-YOU. :D