high RPM shutdown

Tim's#1489 TTA

As you all know I an very new to the TTa's and turbos in general. When I mash the pedal to the floor the car will act and sound like the motor is shutting down. Idle and slow to moderate acceleration the car runs awesome. It has the alky kit and it is working.
I am aty a loss for what to do and look for.
Please give some tips.
TIA
Tim

Do you have a Scanmaster? If not you need to get one. It might show something like bad codes.

I had two diffrent maf sensors go bad in 1 week .... u do really need a scanmaster thought u had one ?

I have the laptop and all the connections to plug it in that came with the car...but I have no idea on how to use it.
I am an old school type of guy and the worst part is all my tools are 1200 miles away.

Changed the fuel pump and WOW....WHAT A huge DIFFERENCE
Racetronix makes a great product but their customer service is COMPLETELY WORTHLESS.
My kit came with NO installations instructions and they refused too send me anything or even attempt to help.
BE VERY CAREFUL DEALING WITH THEM

Changed the fuel pump and WOW....WHAT A huge DIFFERENCE
Racetronix makes a great product but their customer service is COMPLETELY WORTHLESS.
My kit came with NO installations instructions and they refused too send me anything or even attempt to help.
BE VERY CAREFUL DEALING WITH THEM

Ya, I need a little guidence in the E85 department and contacted a sales rep. Didnt really seem to want to sell me anything. I guess thats good and bad. I have the loot too!

Ya, I need a little guidence in the E85 department and contacted a sales rep. Didnt really seem to want to sell me anything. I guess thats good and bad. I have the loot too!
If we don't have what you need we are not going to try and sell you something to McGuiver something together. We have limited products for the TTA. Some can be ported from TR apps but most can not.

If we don't have what you need we are not going to try and sell you something to McGuiver something together. We have limited products for the TTA. Some can be ported from TR apps but most can not.

I did a little research and found the 416 pump to be the best option for my e85 project because the hanger for the TTA is different on the double pump and it seems like that would be a mess. Will it support 700hp with feed and return lines?

TT/Ameasap said:
I did a little research and found the 416 pump to be the best option for my e85 project because the hanger for the TTA is different on the double pump and it seems like that would be a mess. Will it support 700hp with feed and return lines?

Check out the vendors special section, then go to advertiser specials. There's some info on the 416 pump, and a formula to calculate how much HP it will support.

TT/Ameasap said:
Thanks Dave... We seem to be on our own with this.

It looks like the DIY kit they're putting together will be a pretty good start. Teflon lines, all necessary fittings, and a filter.

The F90000267 will support more than 700HP with -6 Teflon lines and proper fittings. We can offer you new in-tank wiring, bulkhead, AN solderable fittings and hotwire via our web store.

The F90000267 will support more than 700HP with -6 Teflon lines and proper fittings. We can offer you new in-tank wiring, bulkhead, AN solderable fittings and hotwire via our web store.
This is the response I was looking for. I appreciate you taking the time to help, not only myself, but others for future refrence.
I believe Dave and myself are some of the few TTA owners that are going this route. With success, there should gradually be more TTA owners on board to do this modification.
Thanks again
Bo

We have been asked about DIY DP kits for the TTA. It is unlikely that two pumps can be fit through the TTA's tank opening so a single HP pump would be the best option.

delphi_fl0115_3.jpg

Racetronix said:
We have been asked about DIY DP kits for the TTA. It is unlikely that two pumps can be fit through the TTA's tank opening so a single HP pump would be the best option.

Yes. Are you sure you wouldn't be willing to build a couple hangers with the 416 pump? I know you mentioned in another thread you thought the cost would be too high, but any idea what that cost might be? Assuming we supplied you with a new hanger.. Thanks