High Output Coil Pack

Highway Stars

New Parts Vendor
Highway Stars is currently running a special on our best selling coil pack.

Although there are many other coil packs marketed as "OEM", "factory original", or "high output", these terms have been widely abused.

Our coil pack is a genuine OEM (original equipment manufacturer) factory original coil pack because it is made by the same manufacturer of the coil packs that were factory installed by GM on every 1986-1987 Buick Turbo Regal.

Any DIS (distributorless ignition system) coil pack can be considered "high-output" relative to the old-style wet (oil filled) ignition coils of pre-DIS equipped vehicles.

At idle; with plenty of saturation (dwell) time, it is easy for just about any coil pack to be rated to potentially discharge 30,000+ volts (this 30,000+ volts is considered "high-output").

Since the maximum potential discharge output of the coil pack is largely dependent on the saturation time and voltage of the primary coil, the maximum potential discharge rating varies with engine RPM.

More importantly, a coil cannot discharge any more voltage than what is required to ionize the spark plug gap no matter how high its discharge is potentially rated; unless the discharge occurs during a misfire. Even the most demanding applications (30+ lbs of boost) do not normally require more than 25,000 volts to ionize a 0.030 spark plug gap.

The true test that determines a genuine "high-output" coil pack is its ability to deliver high output at high RPMs (minimum saturation time).

Our genuine high output coil pack has been rated well beyond idle RPMs. It will potentially discharge a minimum of 40,000 volts@idle RPM, 34,000 volts@5000 RPM, and 29,000 volts@16,000 RPM. This minimum potential discharge output should be more than capable enough to satisfy most high RPM/high boost applications as long as there are no issues with any of the other DIS components.

Here is a direct link to our coil pack: Coil Pack - High Output

i ordered my coil pack today and about 30 seconds later i realized i forgot to order a gasket for the coil pack. i was kind of bummed out because i had to pay another shipping charge, but no more than 10 minutes later i had a voicemail from Nos4gn saying they noticed that i place both orders seperately and they realized i probably forgot to order the gasked with the first order and that they were going to refund the shipping charges on the gasket. i was quite impressed with the customer service, most places would have kept that money and wouldnt have said anything. Nos4gn gets 2 thumbs up from me, i will deffinitely buy from them again.:D

got one of these saturday and to my surprise it cure my sputtering and laying over problem that i was having. nice clean runs now.

it's a good price but.............

I would like to know how one gets more power out of the coil pack when the input power is the same and the dwell time is the same VS say a wells unit, stock oem unit from way back?

care to tell me what the inductance and the ohms are of that coil pack. i bet it's like most magnavox units that tend to measure in the 3.2-3.5 ohms.