High Mileage CLUB?

Now how you gonna get anybody to respond here..... All I ever seen here for the past three years is cars with less than 50,000 miles. :rolleyes:

211,xxx miles on my old daily driver. I can go out to the shop and it'll start right up. But if I sell it to John, it'll only have 11,xxx miles.
:D

Blackhawk,

There is a guy here locally that has an ' 87 GN that he commutes in (160 miles round trip) each day. The car and engine have 300K miles on it and the only things changed on the motor are the timing chain, valve springs and misc. gaskets. BTW, we checked the cam out at 240K and installed a new manifold gasket. The cam was fine.

Neal

I just rolled 173,000 miles, with 27,000 of it in the last year.
Maintenance gets expensive! Especially when you realize that you're changing the oil every month!

Two cars here.

One at 149K.

One at 117K.

Both had timing chains done and one rear main seal, and valve springs, not really opening the motor up kinda like popping the covers and poking around in there. ;)

Oh one had an oil booster plate on it too. :)

Well i just sold my 87 GN (GNX clone) to my buddy about 2-3 months ago it had 190,000 and is still going strong :D that car never missed a beat ;) and yes i do miss it ...but i have 3 more turbo cars to play with :)

150,000 here. timing chain, valve springs as precautionary. crossing my fingers. never taken to the track, but loved on abandoned streets fromtime to time

my 86 has 141k on it and heads have never come off! well that is until later this mounth for the rebuild for a bad wrist pin. Mind u those 141k miles weren't soft so im still in amazement has to how a well maintanenced GN will last.

139k all stock internals. turbo is only main thing that has gone bad. still runs low 13s with light mods.

168,000 on the original motor, 100,000 on the replacement crate motor and still going strong, 268,000 on the original rear and it will still lay two black stripes but the left is definitely lazier than the right so I do need new clutches finally :).

My 86 gold T-type also has 150,000 on it :) and runs better than new :D a car thats driven just about everyday is in far better mechanical condition than one thats sits in a garage :cool: i can't stand low mileage garage queens :mad:

Like TwoLane, mine got to 110,000 and a rod bearing went on me. Turned the crank, replaced cam & valvesprings, honed the block and put the original pistons back in and it's gone another 111,000. Still going strong. :)

Knocking on wood. At 221,000 miles now, my car still has the original Powermaster system, untouched A/C system (ex. Freon), original suspension springs, u-joints and untouched G80 rear.

108,000 miles on my stock Riviera

Originally posted by MeanBuicks
Like TwoLane, mine got to 110,000 and a rod bearing went on me. Turned the crank, replaced cam & valvesprings, honed the block and put the original pistons back in and it's gone another 111,000. Still going strong. :)

Knocking on wood. At 221,000 miles now, my car still has the original Powermaster system, untouched A/C system (ex. Freon), original suspension springs, u-joints and untouched G80 rear.

Looks Like this Post has created some Interest, And from what I am reading, THIS little BUICK V6 is one tough powerhouse, IT just keeps on going and going , and going !!!

I am just wondering how much further I can go in my stock timing chain? I have got 108,000 miles on original engine, only opened for new head gasket some 55, 000 miles ago.